TWO Logitech M325 Wireless Optical Mice at once?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by zapjb, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I want to watch videos on my 17" laptop. At the same time I want to work or surf on my 12" laptop. The laptops will be within a few feet of each other.

I bought a couple Logitech M325 Wireless Optical Mice. Using 1 now (they're ok) & 1 is sealed NIB. Rather not open it till I know some answers.

I have been switching the nano receiver between laptops. Can I use both mice at the same time without conflicts? I'd imagine so but I don't know. It'd be silly if I couldn't.

2. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

I have and love my Microsoft Comfort 5000 Wireless keyboard and mouse "set". They keyboard and mouse use the same dongle. Been using them for years with no problems - except the need to replace the batteries every 6 months or so.

When I upgraded my #2 computer, I bought another Comfort 5000 keyboard and mouse set. It was only when I was getting ready to connect the set to PC#2 that the potential for 1 interfering with the other occurred to me (and with my background as an air traffic control radio technician, I have to admit, forgetting that possibility is something that should have hit me immediately :oops: ).

But I was happy to see the second keyboard and mouse synced up to PC#2 with no problems of interference with PC#1. So in my small office, I have 4 Blu-ray devices tied to 2 dongles on 2 computer and no interference problems whatsoever. I would expect you to have the same results.

It seems to me with many companies, small offices and even home users having multiple computers, the chance several identical devices being purchased at once would be very high and something MS and Logitech would consider when designing these Blu-ray keyboards and mice.

That said, since you have already used this device on both systems, if me, when you get ready to install this new mouse on your #2 system, I recommend you completely uninstall the old drivers first, reboot to clear out any remaining hooks, then reinstall anew.

3. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

You would have to get another Nano Unifying receiver and pair it to the new receiving user the Logitech Unifying software.

Doing this though would net the same mouse movements on both PC's at the same time.

4. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I don't get what you're saying. I have 2 unifying receivers & 2 mice. I want 1 mouse to control my 17" & the other mouse to control the 12". I don't want any movement or interference on 1 laptop while controling the other.

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

All sorted. Took suggestion about Device Manager & looked to see if my 12" had Logitech drivers loaded. It did not.

And each mouse just controls it's own laptop.

6. Bill_Bright

The new device comes with a new dongle so I don't see where another is necessary.

Anyway, all sorted now. Thanks for the followup.

7. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I misread.

8. Bill_Bright

No soup for you! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.