Two LnS Icons in Systray

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by CogitoErgoSum, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

After executing the LnSSvc-Install.bat file in safe mode and rebooting my system to enable LnS 2.05p3 to run as a Win2000/XP service, I am now getting two LnS icons in the systray. FYI, the first icon to appear in the systray is my registered and configured copy of LnS whose automatic start is set to "none" while the second LnS icon is "not" configured and registered, is noted as LnS#1 and its automatic start is set to "none". What is the difference between LnSSvc-Install.bat and LnsSvc-Install&Start.bat? How do I get rid of the unregistered copy of LnS? Do I have to execute LnsSvc-Uninstall.bat? Please advise.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

id try running LnsSvc-Uninstall.bat, reboot and see if LnS still starts up.

if it does, make sure to set Automatic start to none.

if not, try installing the service again and rebooting.

3. CogitoErgoSum

Hello WSFuser,

I ran LnsSvc-Uninstall.bat and rebooted my system. FYI, LnS starts up just fine even with 'Automatic start' set to "none". Are there any downsides to "not" running LnS as a service? Your advice is very much appreciated.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

the service allows LnS to startup earlier during the Windows boot. also as a side note, there is a problem between using teh LnS service and fast user switching. other than that its been fine tho.

also, starting LnS normally would work just as well. ive done it for a while (before discovering LnSSvc-Install.bat)

lastly, just doublecheck to see if theres any startup entry for LnS.

5. CogitoErgoSum

Thanks WSFuser for your help and advice. FYI, there is a start-up entry for LnS. In the meantime, I will either reinstall LnSSvc-Install.bat and see what happens or use RegRun Platinum 4.6 to start-up LnS earlier in the boot process.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.