Two Bugs in Mozilla protection for SWB 3.0

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Volans, Mar 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volans

Volans Registered Member

Hello, and sorry for my bad english..

Congratulations for the program, Javacool!

But I have found two minor bugs in the Mozilla/Firefox protection:

• In the Mozilla/Netscape/Firefox browsers I have noted that different characters are used to set the allow or block state for a given site in the cookperm.txt file:

Mozilla 1.6 -> 0F = block coockies from this site; 0T = allow cookies from this site
      Netscape 7.0 -> 0F = block coockies from this site; 0T = allow cookies from this site
      Firefox 0.8 -> 1F = block coockies from this site; 1T = allow cookies from this site

Now SWB 3.0 have inserted in the cookperm.txt file of Mozilla the block site list, but it have put the wrong character (1F and not 0F). I have edit it manually in order to let Mozilla read it correctly.
    • SpywareBlaster search the Mozilla profile salted folder (in ex. 12ab3cdef.slt) in the ApplicationData\Mozilla\Profiles\ProfileName folder, and then insert the list of sites to be blocked in the cookperm.txt file therein. I have Mozilla 1.6 installed, but my profile is in a different directory (really in a different partition [D: and non C:]), and then SWB don't recognize it!
      I have find a solution:
      I have create the 12ab3cdef.slt folder in the ApplicationData\Mozilla\Profiles\ProfileName folder and then I have copied there my cookperm.txt file, SWB now recognize Mozilla and insert the block list in this file. Then I have edit the file in order to replace all the '1F' to '0F' and after I have re-copied the file in my true profile folder. This solution work, but I have to do so every time I found a SWB update... not a very useful solution! :oops:

You can correct these bugs in the 3.1 version?

I have some suggestions for you, if you permit... ;)

For the first problem, I think that SWB do make a check in order to know if it is a Mozilla/Netscape profile or a Firefox profile, in order to insert the correct characters (0F or 1F)!

For the second one I suggest you that SWB read the registry.dat file, located in the ApplicationData\Mozilla folder, in order to know where are located the Profiles folder. For Firefox it will see the registry.dat file in the ApplicationData\Phoenix folder.
    In this manner SWB 3.0 can recognize and protect at once all the existing profiles of Mozilla and Firefox...and why not also Netscape, it's the same of Mozilla! :)

Thanks in advance, and congratulations for the very good job!

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Thank you for the advice, and I'm trying to implement those additions/fixes now! :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.