Twitter may see a white nationalist in court (because a judge said so)

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by guest, Jun 16, 2018.

1. guest

guest Guest

Twitter may see a white nationalist in court (because a judge said so)
    The future of free speech on Twitter may (eventually) hang in the balance.
    June 15, 2018
    https://www.cnet.com/news/twitter-may-see-a-white-nationalist-in-court-because-a-judge-said-so/

2. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

Curiously if you're a black calling for the demise of whites or a muslim preaching the takeover of Islam, you're not a hate speaker; you're just expressing your minority status.

3. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

Ethnic groups just dont like each other and for the most part tolerence is a thinly veiled pretense.

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

As much as I hate to agree with the following I pretty much have to. Twitter does not have to allow free speech on their site. Nor does this forum. Anything you post online is subject to the rules of whoever is hosting it. If you want to have free speech you can host your own site. Although I'm sure there are limitations to that as well. Telemarketers used to call and say "I have the right to free speech". I told them they do but they don't have the right to hold me as a captive audience. Bye. The medium used to communicate can change the rules.

5. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

Agree.
    The problem is that Twitter does allow free speech, only their version of it, the political correct version of it; same as Facebook, Google, the movie industry, TV, mainstream media...
    This is censorship by stealth, ideological based. That's the problem.

6. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Yeah. We went through the same thing with shopping malls. In California, they are considered public places, with free speech rights. But not, for example, in Minnesota.

7. XenMan

XenMan Registered Member

If you want to go in and fight for hate groups to incite hatred, it’s a bit of a sad day.

8. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

Nothing is worth sacrificing the right to freedom of speech. Doing so encourages ethnic hate groups because then no one is allowed to criticise them for what they do.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.