Twitter and anonymity?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by gaiko, Sep 10, 2014.

1. gaiko

gaiko Registered Member

Hi, I am new to twitter (haven’t actually signed up for it, not sure I need to) mainly because I am not interested in “tweeting” anything but mostly following a few people/orgs as it seems there are those nowadays that are going the way of tweeting rather than blogging. The thing is while I don’t claim to totally understand all about twitter it seems overkill to sign up for yet another account (yet another service that wants to create and track and monetize everything I do) when it seems most people can be followed without having to login. The thing is, it seems that one can no longer easily create rss feeds of multiple twitter streams (whatever they are called).

This is not necessarily a straight privacy post but I thought I would post here as everyone here would hopefully appreciate the reason and possibly have alternative ideas on how to use twitter or follow multiple twitter users without unnecessarily sacrificing too much privacy.

Any thoughts/idea would be welcome. Thx in advance

2. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

Just sign up using a disposable email. No worries.

3. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

And use VPNs and/or Tor and/or JonDonym ;)

4. guest

guest Guest

Also, don't use the picture of yourself and don't use your real-name. It's a mistake that have been done by many people. Check the available security/privacy settings too and don't fill too much info about yourself.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.