Twister AntiVirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sportsfan7700, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    I remember when this was a brand new AV on the Market. Refresh my memory, as I have forgotten, but is this still a fairly good AV?

2. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I like it, and it is possibly the lightest AV I have used. 5-6 meg of ram, with very little CPU. For some reason I also really like it GUI.

The downside is that the next version coming out is rumored to be 32bit only, which I think will limit its market in the US.

3. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    How is the detection rate? I like the 90 day free trial as well.

4. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Not a lot of reviews out there. Languy99 did a youtube video a few weeks back and it seemed to perform well, but he did not test it against many links.

5. bellgamin

bellgamin Very Frequent Poster

TAV has 2 components: (1) antivirus, & (2) behavior-blocker-type-HIPS. Therefore, it does fairly well on zero-day as well as current malware.

The proponent of TAV (Filseclab) has been working on an engine update for several months (they are a small outfit, so I am told). The update will (hopefully) be issued around late-2010.

I would *estimate* TAV's protective standing as being an upper-second-tier antivirus program. AFAIK, the latest test that included TAV was done in Nov 2009, downloadable HERE. TAV's results are labeled as "Filseclab".

6. snoopy2010

snoopy2010 Registered Member

It seems cool , it think i will try it for 90 days.., never used it so hey why not lol .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.