TV's Death by a Thousand Streaming Apps

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Mar 26, 2018.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

By Tara Lachapelle March 22, 2018

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Mostly HDMI tethered here to consumer laptop tailored to personal preference.

There are some spots on the cable screen of interest as matter of change up.

But AM/FM Radio is still FREE! :thumb:

3. Reality

Reality Registered Member

When analog went out we didn't update - no loss at all - best thing we could've done.

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Well here's my take on that too. Used to be a serious storm approaching would knock out one station and you simply turned the knob over to another still live for details.

With Satellite, when it goes down it takes the whole shooting match down with it. No Signal :gack:

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Well, I'm not really interested in internet-TV, content on Netflix is getting worse and worse, and streaming quality of other services isn't that good. So I'm sticking to cable TV.

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

All of this saturation with more and more web service apps coming online and available is of course overkill, or soon will be.

I vacuumed up a long time ago all sorts of old films & mostly forgotten TV shows posted out on YT from those years my schedule made that they were missed entirely. If I want to replay other old good shows liked for example, Emergency!-Adam-12-Land of the Giants etc. I can buy those remastered DVD's dirt cheap and run them thru process where they play non-stop around the clock 100% completely free of nonsense ignorant commercials. Couldn't care less about any shows anyway beyond Y2K. 1999 and stop. :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.