Turning Nod32 off completely?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Rilla927, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

You're right again - I didn't realise that's what you meant :D

Cheers :)

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

OK , I am really sorry . English is not my first language and sometimes I write not exactly what I think , you know . Sorry :-*

:D :D :D

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I've not had to disable an antivirus program in many many years, due to any sort of install..driver, software, whatever. (only exception being an operating system upgrade..those few times I did an upgrade from 9X to NT)

This being many many years in the computer field, probably every driver brand imaginable, an insane amount of software apps, and many different AV brands.

Can't remember...but the one time I vaguely remember doing so long ago...can't remember the details, think it was McAfee, back in the early 95 days.

I know a lot of software guys "recommend" disabling AV during an install, I think it's just them covering their butt..being all the various AV brands out there...some worse than others.

That one example a few pages back in this thread about a RAID getting hosed during a Creative driver install..wasn't due to any antivirus....RAID doesn't care about data files...only replicating them. (or span) It'll replicate a file wether it's hosed or not. I ran Promise RAID for years too.

//goes back to building server for tomorrows job

4. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

It was an Intel ICH5 RAID 0 array. It shouldn't have happened especially being hardware RAID (even though it still relies on the CPU). The system had a quality PS and was on a UPS. There were no power brownouts/blackouts and no thunderstorms at the time. It was a clean methodical OS reformat/reinstall. I isolated the problem as much as the time frame for the job allowed. It's possible it was a one time anomaly and if done a second time with NOD active maybe there wouldn't have been a problem. I don't know the ultimate cause. Maybe NOD had nothing to do with it. Maybe it was a contributing factor. All I know is the event happened and I stand by that.

If I get an opportunity to replicate the same scenario, I'll report the results either way.

The important thing I take away from all this is to leave your anti-virus active all the time but make sure you have a good backup before you do a hardware driver install/upgrade. A backup will protect you from any install failure. Deactivating the AV will not.

Hope you have an anomaly free day! :)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.