TurboTax 2009 & NETFramework 3.5

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TheKid7, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I have been trying to avoid installing and using Microsoft's NETFramework 3.5. However, I recently purchased and installed TurboTax 2009 Basic which I found out "Required" NETFramework 3.5. Frustrating!

Oh well, one of my Windows XP Pro PC's now has NETFramework 3.5 installed on it.

Are there many other softwares that are requiring NETFramework 3.5?

Thanks in Advance.

2. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

I don't understand your reluctance to install DNF, unless you are starved for disk space. I use several apps that were developed with, and therefore require, DNF.

TurboTax (Quicken) as well as a growing number of software developers are using DNF because it facilitates faster development of programs with fewer errors. DNF is analegous to Java in that it's an engine that runs behind the scenes to provide functionality and from a user's perspective, when it's not required by an app it doesn't consume PC-resources (other than its disk-storage).

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  3. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Frustrating? Poor baby .... one of our better posters over the years - Alec! Again!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.