Tune-Up 2007

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by screamer, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Has anyone tried TU2007? I received an e-mail offer to up-grade. I just recently up-graded from TU2004 to the 2006 version and the difference in the app was impressive. I'm wondering what improvements 2007 will have over 2006.

TuneUp Utilities 2007 Advantages

* NEW! TuneUp Disk Doctor: Performs a thorough check of hard drives - automatically corrects errors in the file system and disk sectors to keep your data secure
    * NEW! TuneUp Disk Space Explorer: Uses a targeted approach to identify which files and file groups are taking up valuable disk space on your hard drives
    * IMPROVED! TuneUp System Control: Offers expanded configuration options for Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 2 and Office 2007
    * IMPROVED! Improved 1-Click Maintenance: Allows you to perform even more thorough system checks and error correction with a single click
    * IMPROVED! TuneUp DiskCleaner: Finds additional unnecessary file types and frees more disk space
    * IMPROVED! TuneUp RegistryCleaner: Targets unnecessary entries in the Windows registry using an improved scanning technology and removes them
    * Designed for future use with Windows Vista™! Qualifies for a free online update to TuneUp Utilities 2007 for Windows Vista™

It's tough to separate the marketing hype from the actual improvementso_O

...screamer

2. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: This is one of the best system utilities apps (w/o firewall,AV and AS). It does not upgrade very often, perhaps once or twice per year. Performance, stability and reliability are its key winning points. IMO, once you use it, never feel regretful. I used 2004, 2006 and now 2007. Those new and improved features are as ture as what are claimed on its website. I would put it on my season's wish list and w/ top priority notation on it.:thumb:

3. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

I use this utility since it was called TuneUp for Win98. TU is stable, reiable and had never problems. On of my best choices ever.

4. screamer

Thanks Guys, I'm sold! Guess its time to dig out the credit card.

...screamer

5. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

You won't regret it.:D

6. screamer

I D/L'd and installed last night. Had a chance to play w/ it a bit. It's not as big an improvement as 2006 was over 2004, but nevertheless it's improved and impressive :) Well worth the investment.

...screamer

7. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Also downloaded and played with it. While it is still very good, I don't see anything worth paying for (i.e., to upgrade to the latest version). The disk checker is basically CHKDSK and the disk explorer can be replaced with many different free/shareware programs. I'm going to wait for version 2008 (assuming they make enough changes to warrant the upgrade/cost).

8. true north

true north Registered Member

Hi there,

where can I download Tune-Up 2007 o_O
    Thanks

9. ^Ale

^Ale Registered Member

10. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

yup,this version is basically 90% same as last year except that tune-up doctor and that un-necessary disk-explorer...but still very safe and good on performance..

why don't you guys have a look at system mechanic-7,it has improved a lot since version 6 and this is the first version of system mechanic i have ever liked...

11. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

Is there a version of SM-7 without antivirus?

12. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

13. antera

antera Registered Member

thenksss

14. Long View

Long View Registered Member

what is the license situation with Tune-up ? only one pc ? one pc and lap top ?
    all family machines ? I have searched their site and can not find any answer.

15. screamer

Long View, I searched for the same info, same results. In that case I feel that all's fair. I installed it on DeskTop & Laptop.

16. ronaldoer

ronaldoer Registered Member

Thx,it's very good at performance,i like it

17. Long View

Long View Registered Member

I't certainly looks like the best I've seen. It may be my imagination but "things" do seem to work a little faster.

BUT I never cease to be amazed at how each program ( Crap cleaner, JV16, Reg Vac, Reg Seeker.......) seems to find different bits to remove.
    I still have crap cleaner on my machine and even after Tune-Up 2007 says everything is ok crap cleaner finds references to programs which no longer exist. It looks as though Tune-up 2007 might leave bits behind but , unlike some others, is unlikely to do any damage ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.