Trying to vfree () nonexistent vm area (f8a8e000)

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Giannis, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giannis

Giannis Registered Member

[SOLVED]Trying to vfree () nonexistent vm area (f8a8e000)

Hi
    I have download the trial Snap Deploy 2.0 and installed.
    My company is required to deploy 40 Dell optiplex 320 with Windows Xp sp2.

System Used: Dell Optiplex 320
    Hard Disk: 80G gig
    Mouse: USB
    Keyboard: USB

I have follow the snapdeploy_ug_en.pdf step by step.
    But when i try to make "master image" from PXE it stuck with the following message:

usb-ohci.c: USB HC Takeover failed
    Trying to vfree() nonexistent vm area (f8a8e000).

I need to know that this problem have a solution (compatible with Dell Optiplex 320) so i will order the full product from the sales for 40 licenses.

I have contact with "Live Chat with a Sales Rep" and they advice me to contact the acronis support team.
    Thanks in advaced

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  2. Giannis

Giannis Registered Member

Thanks for the help

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  3. jfrye

jfrye Registered Member

I'm having the same issue (same hardware/error) what did they have you do to fix this?

4. rcfoulk

rcfoulk Registered Member

I'm having the identical problem with an Optiplex 320 and Home v10.x. I first get "usb-ohci.c: usb HC Takeover failed" and then that message but the hex address is deaa400d. What is the issue here? The system won't boot to the menu even when no external USB device is plugged in so I can't even image to another drive or over my network.

Answer here or to rcfoulk@idsohio.net.

Thanks, and the knowledge base is useless!

Bob

5. wolveshowl6

wolveshowl6 Registered Member

When you contact the user support they will send you an email and a link to an updated image that does work. Ive been using it on Optiplex 320 for the last few months.

6. grndhg13

grndhg13 Registered Member

I finally got it to work with my Optiplex 320s:

1. Make sure the latest build of Acronis v.10 is installed on your hard drive -- This includes the BartPE folder in the install

2. Install BartPE builder -- The additional network driver support plugin is already enabled in the latest (3110a) pebuilder

3. Open PEBuilder and select your valid WindowsXP installation source disk

4. Make a folder under your %installpath%\pebuilder3110a\plugin folder called "acronis" -- %installpath%\pebuilder3110a\plugin\acronis

5. Copy all files from your %installpath%\Acronis\TrueImageHome\BartPe folder to the %installpath%\pebuilder3110a\plugin\acronis folder

6. Open PEBuilder and click the "Plug Ins" button

7. You should now see "acronis" as a plug-in and "enabled" as the status

Now to install network drivers for your computer:

1. Make sure your driver is fully extracted. -- You should have a "WinXP" folder under your network driver folder

2. Copy just the WinXP folder to the %installpath%\pebuilder3110a\drivers\net folder

3. Rename your WinXP folder to something more definitive (ex: Broadcom44x or Optiplex320) -- Add as many network drivers as you like

4. Build and burn (Use the "StarBurn" burn that comes with pebuilder)

I'm a network admin with over 13 years experience and it took me 3 days of searching info on BartPE to get this to work with the networking and acronis, but persistence pays off :).

PS. The latest build of Acronis 10 Home Edition still has this problem. BartPE fixed the problem for me.

7. babaganoosh

babaganoosh Registered Member

I am looking to image the hard drive on my optiplex 320 and not install the app or other things on the machine to be able to boot off the acronis cd and make an image...

They sent me the link to the beta? app of True Image 9.1 workstation but that still gets the message when I boot from that CD, without TI installed on the machine. is there a way to get this to work from the bootable CD without the app on the machine?

8. BobRPC

BobRPC Registered Member

grndhg13, you made my day and saved my life; EVERYONE that wants a great tool for working with PCs should use grndhg13’s excellent solution as their introduction to Bart PE. This was so easy to do and it worked!
    I can’t wait to delve further into the power of Bart PE!

:START soapbox
    Makes you really wonder why Acronis is being so tight about releasing a proper fix for this problem ...and don’t get me started on there avoidance of the “Backup locations” problem. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=172470&highlight=backup rules
    Acronis could be truly great software, but it does not seem like anyone is working on the programs shortcomings which are so clearly described by their user base in these forums.
    :END soapbox

9. pejeboy

pejeboy Registered Member

Giannis were you able to make it work with snap deploy 2.0 o_O good job grndhg13 can you please provide me a way to contact you i would like to ask you some questions... thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.