Trying to restore...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dt11, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dt11

dt11 Registered Member

I am trying to restore a few files from a previous backup I have made. The backup validates, but I get an error when trying to restore some files. Other files, such as music, will restore, but are corrupt (and, for example, will not play). If I try to restore an entire folder, the folder will be created, but it will be empty and I will not be able to access it. Also I am not able to delete the folder.

Any idea as to what could be the problem?

Thanks.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

What version and build of True Image are you using?

What is your operating system? XP Home/Pro or Vista Home Basic, etc.

Where is the backup file stored?

3. dt11

dt11 Registered Member

I am using v11 home, build 8053 on XP Pro

I have tried restoring to the original location, and I have tried choosing a different location.

4. dt11

dt11 Registered Member

bump...

5. jmk94903

Can you "mount" the backup to explore it? Can you then copy and paste files from the backup to your real drive successfully?

6. dt11

dt11 Registered Member

Yes, that does work. But while I can access every other file on the hard drive, the folder for my user account is empty and cannot be opened. (The folder I was trying to restore. :doubt: )

When I browsed the archive before and tried to restore, I could see the files and folders under my user account's folder, but could not restore them. Do you think my archive is corrupt?

7. jmk94903

You didn't say where you are storing the backup, so I'll assume it's on an external drive with lots of room to store another backup.

I would make a new backup and be sure that you are making a full backup of the entire hard drive (not a system state or files and folder backup). Then mount that backup and check the files under your logon name. If everything works properly, then the original backup is bad. Why it's bad is something you can to try to determine later.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.