Trying to recover SATA hard drive?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Forthpalm, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forthpalm

Forthpalm Registered Member

Hi Folks - my first post.

Managed to install TI 10 with no problems (hidden partition etc and full C drive backup) - decided to try it out and so booted up using F11.

Sadly my 2 SATA drives were not listed when the TI screen loaded (only cd drives and an old IDE drive).

Is there no way that the TI boot proceedure can contain SATA drivers?

My Gigabyte motherboard provides sata drivers which need to be installed when installing winx xp pro for the first time (usual F6 for additional drivers etc)..

If there worst came to be I can run the sofware from win xp which obviously shows the sata drives but i am sure it would be better if the machine crashed I could load the TI recovery consol from boot and follow through..

Any ideas / help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Andy o_O

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Try building a BartPE CD Begginer's Guide to Creating a BartPE CD with one of Mustang's BartPE Plugins. You can add you sata drivers if needed. Download the Driverpack also.

3. miclark

miclark Registered Member

I'm trying to do pretty much the same thing, only my SATA drives are also running in a RAID0 configuration.

If you were to start the WinXP install process you would be prompted (F6) to indicate whether 3rd party drivers need to be loaded before installing. I would try to let XP's install load your SATA drivers then abort the XP install; you should have some sort of command prompt. (C: for example).

Let me know if it works and be sure the drive letter assignments match the contents of the drive so you don't overwrite needed files. Hope this helps.

4. Forthpalm

Many thanks,

I'll give it a go and see how i get on.

Didn't take too long to follow all the instructions so fingers crossed.

Appreciate the help.

Andy

5. Forthpalm

BartPe appears to load quite quick but sadly the sata drives are still not listed :(

The TI 10 also loads no problem from Bart which would have been great but as the T10 recovery partition is on a SATA drive there is no way of getting to it let alone have it install onto the SATA partition where it is supposed to be :'(

Even using the F6 option when BartPE loads and offer the correct sata drivers it still does not load them therefore makign it pretty useless?

Unless someone knows of a way that is...... o_O

Back to the drawing board.

Thanks anyway.

Andy

6. thomasjk

Did you use the driverpack? What brand is your sata drive?

7. Forthpalm

After quite a few tries and only using the actual sata drivers from the cd which came with the motherboard (using the driver pack didn't work) I can now run BartPE and the drivers are loaded - giving me access to the TI 10 hidden partition and letting me recover the system.

I am now a very happy chappy :)

Thanks guys for your help.

It was the Silicon Image sata drivers which appeared to be the problem on the drivers pack - they were in there but not loaded? Perhaps the RAID drivers installed while I only copied the BASE drivers from the cd.

Either way - I now have a recovery solution.

Andy

8. thomasjk

Glad you got it sorted out. Sometimes there are driver conflicts when building a BartPE CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.