Trying to Push (re)Install, but....

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ToddFibertek, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToddFibertek

ToddFibertek Registered Member

I was trying to do a push uninstall, followed by an install with a new config. The uninstall didn't work, so i manually uninstalled it and that seemed to have locked my machine. Upon a reboot, ESET was missing from the Add/Remove list. So i try to install the new version and config. It wouldn't go. i checked all the settings that i use for a push install and they were all the same. Here's what the diagnostic said.

Computer: tstarbuck
    Domain:
    Get Info Diagnostics, server: PDCTEST, user: it
    Setting IPC$ Connection Result Code: 1203 (No network provider accepted the given network path.)
    Remote Registry Connecting (OS Info) Result Code: 53 (The network path was not found.)
    Remote Registry Connecting (ESET Security Product Info) Result Code: 53 (The network path was not found.)
    Remote Install Diagnostics, server: PDCTEST, user: it
    Setting ADMIN$ Connection Result Code: 1203 (No network provider accepted the given network path.)
    Setting IPC$ Connection Result Code: 1203 (No network provider accepted the given network path.)
    Registering ESET Installer as a Service Result Code: 1722 (The RPC server is unavailable.)

The account doing the push and diagnostic is a domain admin and it's worked fine for 100+ installs.

What do you guys think might be the problem? None of the errors mean anything to me.

Thanks!

2. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Hi,

1. Make sure these folders are removed:

- C:\Program files\ESET
    - C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application data\Eset
    - C:\Documents and Settings\~username~\Local Settings\Application data\Eset

2. Delete these registry keys:

-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESET
    -HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ESET
    -HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\egui

3. Open Control Panel -> 'Network Connections', right-click ‘Local Area Connection’ and click ‘Properties’. Under ‘This connection uses the following items’ make sure you don’t see ‘Eset Personal firewall’ listed. If so, select it and click the ‘Uninstall’ button.

4. Attempt the push install again.

Before any of the steps mentioned above, you could also: Try to reinstall manually and then uninstall using Add/Remove programs. Then attempt the push again.

3. ToddFibertek

ToddFibertek Registered Member

Reinstall, Uninstall, Push Install worked perfectly!

Thanks! You're so much better than the support team at ESET.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.