trying to install NOD32 Anti-virus 4

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by cgarrabr, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cgarrabr

cgarrabr Registered Member

Hi, first - thanks for you help -
    We are evaluating this product.
    We setup the config with the settings and options we wanted and put the XML file next to the msi.
    From what we understood, that installing from the msi, it will grab the xml and set all the desktop settings to our pre-defined settings in the xml. Unfortunately it is not working. The settings are not set in the desktop application.
    We can, however, import the XML, and all of our pre-defined settings are now in the program.
    I've read through the forums, and the admin guide....I'm sure I'm missing something.
    Thanks for your assistance.

2. Mister Natural

Mister Natural Registered Member

Your xml file should be named cfg.xml.
    If it has a different name you'll need to specify the name of the file in the startup command.
    /cfg=xxx.xml

3. cgarrabr

cgarrabr Registered Member

I knew it had to be something simple and user error on my part. Thank you very much.

4. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

I wouldn't install it yet, if you want to have a nice weekend.

Stay with what you have now and wait for hopefully a Version 4.0 patch, otherwise if you see:
    1) Connection losses.
    2) Failure to complete downloads
    3) Slow Sluggish PC when openning files.
    4) Large 100% CPU spikes

Then it's not you, it's the AntiVirus, so don't waste your time calling your ISP or wondering what has happened to you PC (or if you got infected), just revert back to the past setup and enjoy your weekend.

5. benneyb

benneyb Registered Member

Wow, this is not encouraging. I just purchased a 2yr license for V4, after trialing v3 and being very happy with it. I also saw some positive posts elsewhere on V4, so I took the plunge.

Sorry for the newbie question, but can I download V3 as part of my upgrade to the full version, and then have V4 available later when its more stable? Or would I have to pay again to upgrade to V4?

Thanks in advance.

6. pegr

pegr Registered Member

You also asked this question in the "Nod latest version Headache" thread. To repeat the answer: No, your NOD32 subscription allows you to download and run any version of NOD32, i.e. v2.7, v3, or v4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.