Trying to Get TI 9.0 to work.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by shdytxmn, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shdytxmn

shdytxmn Registered Member

I downloaded Acronis trial several days ago, tried to use it and removed it from my computer. I decided to give it a second chance, downloaded it, tried to use it and removed it from my computer. Decided Save & Restore was not the answer, I again downloaded it. The last time I installed it after a clean boot. I set up a scheduled backup of part of the C drive, directing the backup to go to my D drive. It was suppose to take 12 hours (for 65+ Gb?). After about six hours, it stopped with an error message. I selected ignore and got it again and then again. The last time I clicked on cancel. Here is the log from that attempt.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <log uuid="EA344873-DB23-4E1F-A95E-5942B8E44FD6" product="Acronis*True*Image*Home" version="9.0" build="3633">
    <event id="1" type="2" module="100" code="2" time="1150247139" message="The &quot;Partial Backup&quot; operation started"/>
    <event id="2" type="3" module="100" code="11" time="1150247139" message="Priority changed to Low priority"/>
    <event id="3" type="2" module="1" code="506" time="1150247141" message="Locking partition C:..."/>
    <event id="4" type="2" module="1" code="1008" time="1150247142" message="&lt;bold>Create Full Backup Archive&lt;/bold>&lt;endl/>&lt;tabpoint value=30>&lt;indent value=4>From: &lt;indent value=10>&lt;textcolor value=&quot;navyblue&quot;>C:\Documents and Settings\Stephen Shade\My Documents\...&lt;/textcolor>&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>&lt;endl/>To file: &lt;indent value=10>&lt;textcolor value=&quot;navyblue&quot;>&quot:D:\Acronis Backup.tib&quot;&lt;/textcolor>&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>&lt;endl/>Compression: &lt;indent value=10>&lt;textcolor value=&quot;navyblue&quot;>Normal&lt;/textcolor>&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>&lt;endl/>Exclude: &lt;indent value=10>&lt;textcolor value=&quot;navyblue&quot;>Files matching mask&lt;/textcolor>&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>&lt;endl/>Match criterion: &lt;indent value=10>&lt;textcolor value=&quot;navyblue&quot;>*.bak, *.~, *.tmp, &lt;/textcolor>&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>&lt;endl/>&lt;/indent>"/>
    <event id="5" type="4" module="4" code="1" time="1150267192" message="Failed to backup file or folder 'C:\Download\PhotoFit\pfitf141.zip'.
    Error reading the file. (0x40001)
    Tag = 0x61F1883FE50B0AED
    (0x1003EB)
    Tag = 0x14181C22EF45AC22: Retry/Ignore/Cancel"/>
    <event id="6" type="2" module="4" code="1" time="1150279903" message="Failed to backup file or folder 'C:\Download\PhotoFit\pfitf141.zip'.
    Tag = 0x61F1883FE50B0AED
    (0x1003EB)
    Tag = 0x14181C22EF45AC22: Retry/Ignore/Cancel: User replied: Ignore"/>
    <event id="7" type="4" module="4" code="1" time="1150279938" message="Failed to backup file or folder 'C:\Download\photojam'.
    Tag = 0x61F1883FE50B0A2D
    (0x1003EB)
    <event id="8" type="2" module="4" code="1" time="1150280019" message="Failed to backup file or folder 'C:\Download\photojam'.
    Tag = 0x61F1883FE50B0A2D
    (0x1003EB)
    Tag = 0x14181C22EF45AC22: Retry/Ignore/Cancel: User replied: Ignore"/>
    <event id="9" type="4" module="4" code="1" time="1150280057" message="Failed to backup file or folder 'C:\Download\Photoshop Elements'.
    Tag = 0x61F1883FE50B0A2D
    (0x1003EB)
    <event id="10" type="2" module="4" code="1" time="1150281310" message="Failed to backup file or folder 'C:\Download\Photoshop Elements'.
    Tag = 0x61F1883FE50B0A2D
    (0x1003EB)
    Tag = 0x14181C22EF45AC22: Retry/Ignore/Cancel: User replied: Cancel"/>
    <event id="11" type="4" module="4" code="1" time="1150281311" message="Error reading the file. (0x40001)
    Tag = 0x61F1883FE50B0A2D
    (0x1003EB)
    Tag = 0x14181C22EF45AC22"/>
    <event id="12" type="4" module="100" code="5" time="1150281313" message="Operation has completed with errors."/>
    </log>

This is the same type of stuff I was getting on earlier trys, always on avi or jpeg filed. I went to work.

When I returned from work, I checked to see if the scheduled backup ran and it appears to have. The log said it completed successfully, there is over 65 Gb of new stuff on my hard drive.

Why am I writing? I would love to buy TI9.0 but I hesitate because of the issues I have been having. I need to be assured the backup will work. Any ideas as to why I have been having these issues?

FYI, OS is Xp, C drive is a new Maxtor 250 Gb, D drive is a 150 Gb Maxtor, 18 months old.

Thanks for your help.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello shdytxmn,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please check each partition of your hard drives by Windows utility:

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command
    "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drives.

Please note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

If that does not help then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists, please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Could you please also collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon?

Please submit a request for technical support using Ask a question before you purchase Acronis software link. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Nothing is perfect. But, I have used all of the top backup utilities and I can state that Acronis True Image is by far the most stable, most user-friendly product currently available on the market. It is not perfect, but it is the best-of-breed, and considerably better than the competition.

To help you get started. Firstly, have you read the User Guide? The UG is available as a downloadable PDF file. It is 81 pages. I suggest that you briefly go through the entire guide to "get a feel" for the software and then go through in more detail the chapters that are relevant when you first start using the software.

The chapters that must be read in detail are Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6. Chapter 7 onwards covers more advanced topics which should only be tackled once you have a good understanding of how the software performs on your system.

Before you use functionality like "Sheduling", first try using the software manually. Don't start with 65GB of data. Just try backing up and restoring some data - perhaps your My Documents folder, which might only be a couple of GB. (Make sure that you have a COPY of the data saved elsewhere, e.g. CD/DVD).

Once you are :) that you understand the software and that it works on your system then try more critical tasks, like backing up a partition or an entire disk. Before you attempt more advanced (and certainly more mission-critical) tasks like this always prepare for them by following a preparation routine, like this one:

1. Clean up the partition/disk of unnecessary files
    2. Run chkdsk with either the /f or /r switches
    3. Defrag the partition/disk
    4. Do a clean boot
    5. Take a Restore Point
    6. Disconnect from the Internet
    7. Temporarily disable background processes (AV, Firewall, SpyWare, System Monitors)
    8. Write down what you are going to do step-by-step
    9. Keep notes of what you are actually doing and any issues, dialog boxes or error messages that may pop-up

If all of this sounds like hard work, then let me assure you that it is absolutely nothing compared to trying to recover a system from a catastrophic failure if you have not prepared in advance for such an eventuality!!

So, if you have prepared well, the next time the evil Blue Screen of Death visits your system, instead of having a heart-attack, have a cup of coffee and let Acronis True Image do its stuff. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.