Trying to figure this out

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, Jun 26, 2015.

1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

So I bought a set of Logitech 5.1 Speakers, not new but the Z640's which are quite good really. The thing is can someone explain how come I don't get any sound from the rear satelites ( rear surround) even though windows configuration in sound sends sound through them, but they don't play any sound while playing movies etc.. My Sound card is the ASUS Xonar DS which is 7.1

2. Carver

Carver Registered Member

There should be configuration software for your sound card that need to be set for 5.1 speakers, in that software should be individual speaker balance levels and other sound card settings.

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

There is Xonar DS Audio Center, but It's set to 5.1 and It's Auto Selected 6 Channels also when I select 5.1, still no sound from rear, only thing like 5.1 is if I turn on The Matrix

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Check rear speaker connections see if that's it.

5. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

connected fine, looking around the net there seems to be hundreds of issues like this exactly the same, some says it's a windows 8 issue others have no idea or that the rear surrounds will only play surround content, if none detected they'll shut down until there is :isay:

6. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I have Logitech Z500 5.1 speakers and Sound Baster Z and Windows 8.1 and probably read the same posts :)

7. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I wonder if having an Audio enhancer has anything to do with it ? such as Breakaway Audio Enhancer, I'll give that an uninstall and try that

8. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Worked it out :shifty: Choosing 4 Channels (All) in Xonar Audio center Plays 5.1 o_O

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.