trying to enable protection but 242 items still disabled

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Lawrence Connor, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lawrence Connor

Lawrence Connor Registered Member

For Google Chrome, I am trying to enable all protection but 239 items have protection disabled.

So I now have Google Chrome's Protection as being only "Partially Enabled".

The entire list of cookies and scripts are red indicating protection disabled.

Of course I have tried time and again to enable the protection for those.

And 3 items have protection disabled for Internet Explorer after trying to enable.

The three disabled for IE are Cookies: AdEngage, AdvertServe, AggregateKnowledge.

I don't know what the deal is, but I have tried repeatedly to enable the protections.

Just trying to get this fixed, and hope I can get some help to fix it.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. DebbyM46227

DebbyM46227 Registered Member

I have the same problem and it's driving me crazy.

3. RR6

RR6 Registered Member

Similar thing for me also. I'm using IE9 but 604 items in red and not checked. Some are ActiveX and some are coookies.

I suppose I could just go ahead and check them( in the box ) and then they are enabled to be blocked. Then if I have trouble opening a site I know i want, would just need to figure out how to match the URL to the block in Spyblaster's Protection Status.

I see here that LC started this thread on 3/ 6th and no one of Spyblaster authorurity has replied. That is a little disconcerting as that is over a month agaon. Maybe our concerns should not be a concern and that is why no reply from Spybblaster authority,

or maybe their on vacation,

or they are in hospital or graveyard.

Perhaps time will tell us more i.e. hopefully we will know more in the future. R6

4. RR6

RR6 Registered Member

Had and idea, and one they suggest in reading material somewhere, just click on "enable all protection".

I did that, and now the 604 non-portected items appear to now be protected. Yes, I would like to know more about how they got there, and why there not automatically enabled as being protected?

R6

5. nearearthobject

nearearthobject Registered Member

I have encountered this several times since switching to FireFox last year... and only recently did I figure out a "solution" that I hope helps you. Yes, you can press "enable all protection" on the front page (I do that automatically after each update), but that doesn't seem to affect the DISabled cookies on the block list on the Mozilla page. (at least it doesn't seem to keep them all enabled)

I launch SpywareBlaster to update it and notice a very disturbing orange notice stating Mozilla Firefox is only "Partially Enabled"- and under Status there are hundreds of items with protection disabled!

I found that by clicking on the appropriate "partially enabled) line (actually a hyperlink), I'm sent to the Mozilla Firefox Protection page (presume you'd be sent to a similar Google Chrome page) where Cookie Protection is already checked. Below that, there was a little button to press to "FIX" Mozilla (it does NOT explain what is being fixed or WHY it was broken and HELP doesn't show anything if you search "partially enabled" or "fix") so you remain in the dark. Don't know if you'll find a similar "FIX" Chrome button.

After pressing FIX there is no visible response or activity and the Customize Block List below still had hundreds of cookies UNchecked. WHY have so many items been disabled?? Who knows how long they've been disable?? I didn't uncheck them in the first place. It says "You can selectively DISABLE protection" but nowhere does it offer that you can ENABLE ALL.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION: Only by persevering and drilling down though HELP did I learn that you can Right Click the %&!$* Cutomize Block List box itself and get a pop up with many more options! IMHO, THAT SHOULD BE CLEARLY STATED adjacent to CUSTOMIZE THE BLOCK LIST heading. Very user-unfriendly since it is NOT intuitive that one can Right Click an entire boxful of checkboxes to get a popup.

I truly appreciate the free version and have recommended SpywareBlaster to many many people over the years, but am perpetually baffled as to why a more user-friendly GUI hasn't been designed. I know many people are STILL perplexed that SpywareBlaster doesn't display any icon in the System Tray (or anywhere) confirming that the program is actually running in the background OR blinks a warning when a critical service is only "PARTIALLY" protected! Granted, TaskManager and Process Lasso shows it running, but most newbies don't know their way around a PC these days.

Bizarre - I found a tiny SpywareBlaster FAQ/Knowledgebase page and signed up, but then was shocked to stumble across these forums and yet another required registration. (facepalms) WHY isn't a link to this Wildersec forum on the front page of the GUIo_O One would think that after 10 years, they'd have added that, as well as a CLEAR NOTE right on the main Protection page, e.g.:
    [CLOSING KEEPS THE PROGRAM RUNNING IN BACKGROUND] or perhaps a
    [CLOSE TO LAUNCH IN BACKGROUND] button that would reassure newbies. Every other program in existence (that I know of) uses the X in the upper right corner to CLOSE a program, not launch it.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  6. niki

niki Registered Member

I don't know whether you have CCleaner. If you do, UNcheck the box named *Site Preferences* under Applications. Enable Protection for IE in SpywareBlaster.

Also in Firefox there is under Options>Privacy>Clear history when Firefox closes>Settings and UNtick the box that says Site Preferences. Enable Protection for Fx in SpywareBlaster.

Perhaps there is something similar in Google Chrome for it but I don't know because I don't have Chrome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.