Trying to Edit a Scheduled Backup Job

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bulldog356, Jul 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulldog356

bulldog356 Registered Member

[True Image 9.0 Home, build 3677]

This is not the biggest problem in the world, but here goes:

As soon as I click on a scheduled job in the scheduled jobs pane, a description of the job pops up and blocks my view of the interface, so I can't edit the job (or rename it or re-schedule it, etc.) After a few seconds the job description closes, so I try again to select the job and again the job description pops up and blocks my view of the interface, and this will go on 3 or 4 times until finally I am able to select the job to edit it (or rename it or re-schedule it, etc.)

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this an issue for True Image?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bulldog356,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that in order to edit scheduled task you need to select it and click "Edit the Selected Task" on the Active tasks toolbar. As you can see from the screen shot the pop-up windows does not block buttons which allow you to edit scheduled tasks. You can find more information on how to manage scheduled tasks in Chapter 7.2 "Managing scheduled tasks" in the Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide.

If it is not what you mean please correct me.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Attached Files:

3. bulldog356

Unfortunately, your screen shot does not look like my screen. In particular, the scheduled job I created that backs up my entire disk (which has 5 partitions) takes up almost the entire screen on my 15" LCD monitor.

Nonetheless, I have discovered through trial-and-error that if I click on the name of a scheduled job two or three times the description of the job no longer appears, so I can click on the Edit button.

I'll say this about True Image Home: It's a terrific program marred by relatively minor annoyances. I can live with minor annoyances. True Image is still the best and the support is excellent.

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I don't think ATI has a marred interface here. I think you are misunderstanding how the ATI interface works.

The description only pops up momentarily and after it drops away the task is still selected (highlighted) -- you shouldn't have to select it a second time or third time. So there shouldn't be any prob accessing the action buttons.

What you are probably experiencing by selecting a task multiple times is catching it inbetween steps in the routine that displays then removes the description box. But this shouldn't be necessary; these are extra clicks you can skip.

Try clicking once, waiting for the description box to go away, then click on one of the action buttons instead of clicking on the task again.

5. bulldog356

Absolutely right. Thanks, shieber.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.