trying to download

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by iarhill, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iarhill

iarhill Registered Member

I have paid for Nod32 but the user name and password will not let me in! I have emailed support about it, and there is a place where I can ask for the user name and password to be reemailed. I have done this and nothing has come, which does not fill me with confidence. There does not seem to be a UK tel number either. My trial expired today and I am now worried that I have paid for but am not going to get the full version. I do not want to be unprotected. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. iarhill

I have just received the username and password again, but same result. I cannot get through to download the registered version and I am very fed up indeed:mad:

3. ctrlaltdelete

ctrlaltdelete Registered Member

Did u copy & paste the username and password to get acces to the download?

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi iarhill, welcome to Wilders.

Have you received your Username and Password from Eset? The Username will begin with AV- and the Password will be a series of generated numbers and letters, also provided by Eset.

For help with entering your Username and Password please see HERE

Trial versions no longer require uninstallation and reinstallation of a Registered version, you can simply click on "Upgrade to full version" in the NOD32 Control Centre> Update area.

Let us know how you go…

Cheers :D

Last edited: Oct 11, 2006
  6. dub.doctor

dub.doctor Registered Member

Try to enter your username and password again.
    I'm in the same situation as you and I tried a few hours ago and it failed. I just tried again and it is now updating and upgrading correctly.

7. brice4756

brice4756 Registered Member

I cannot get it with username and password given.

I even cut and paste it in to make sure it was correct.

What shall I do>

8. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Meanwhile do as Blackspear suggests:
    - Download the trial
    - Install it
    - In Nod32 press the button ' Full Verrsion' - in the Tab 'Update'
    - Insert the provided User and Password

You have the full version :thumb:

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Make sure you type the username and password correctly as shown in Blackspear's tutorial here
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=833156#post833156

If you are absolutely sure you are doing it correctly , contact your reseller/distributor or ESET .

ESET sales department -> sales@eset.com
    ESET Tech Support -> support@eset.com

Send them as much information as possible + a link to this thread. By the way , I can download the software with no problems

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

11. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Things to be aware of...

if you are copy/pasting the username and password - make sure you have no spaces, or returns as extra characters either before, or afterwards. These alter the meaning of the username or password and cause authentication failures.

if you are not copy/pasting - ensure you are matching case - this is imperative...

av-12341234 is not the same as the supplied AV-12341234. The AV is always upper-case.

Passwords are LOWER-CASE.

Ensure you have not mistaken a q for a g or a o for zero (0). 1 and l can be confused also.

If you are in doubt, copy and paste your username/password into our speller:

http://www.nod32usa.com/support/spell/

If you are entering your renewal, I have a page which might help:

http://nod32usa.com/support/spell/rUSERNAME:PASSWORD

Substitute "USERNAME" for your Username, and do subsitution of PASSWORD for your password.

Take the time to print it out and store it in a safe place offline - just in-case you have to rebuild your PC, replace a hard-drive or recover from another similar accident.

hth

Greg

12. iarhill

I eventually got it installed by contacting sales who talked me through it. But I did no more than I had done before. I was copying and pasting correctly ( no extra spaces etc ) but that did not work. I had tried typing usernamd and password in with no luck. however when I talked with sales, he dictated it whilst I did it as an upgrade from the trial and it worked. Obvious conclusion but I think I had previously typed it correctly. Having got it, it updated it then did nothing more for 7 days. I am now struggling with getting it to update - see other thread on updating, and I am getting a very bad impression of the nod server system. I like nod because it has no impact on system files. I have had Kaspersky for a few years and liked it - but it now causes a problem on opening Office files from the desktop - hence moving to Nod. I hope I am not going to regret buying it - especially as it is more expensive than KAV....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.