Trying to clone HDD in W2K3 DC

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tigerek, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tigerek

tigerek Registered Member

I'm using Acronis TI Enterprise 9.1 to clone the hard disk in domain controller computer (Win 2003).

After successful cloning process I'm trying to boot up the server from the cloned HDD (it has bigger size) the error message arises:
    LSASS.EXE Object already exists.

When I push the OK button server is going to reboot.

Cloning is done through Acronis boot-cd, so no services is running on server during cloning process. I think that AD or Kerberos stores the original HD label or serial number somewhere.

Has anyone successfully swapped cloned hard drives in DC?

2. rdore

rdore Registered Member

Hi,
    I did it 2 times without any problems, from the boot-cd. One time, I even did not only moving to a bigger drive, but from an old server (Intel) to a brand new Server with the new AMD Dual core processor.
    It reboot a few times finding al lthe new hardware, but it work well.

RD

3. tigerek

tigerek Registered Member

Dear, rdore!

Did you change the hard drives in the server that holds domain controller (and GC) role or just in a regular server?

My problem is that it raises the error "LSASS.EXE Object already exists" during "Applying the computer settings...". When I push OK the server is going to reboot.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tigerek,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please follow this link to find the solution to the issue you have experienced.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.