Trying out recovery from bootable CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by greg100o, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greg100o

greg100o Registered Member

I am a previous Drive Image user. I gotthe free trial of True Image, installed it, did a backup from main drive to secondary internal drive. and was able to explore it OK so backup was successful. I did not set up a secure zone.

I now want to see if my two SATA drives will be seen booting from the recovery bootable CD. They were not seen with Drive Image, hence need to explore alternate backup strategy.

BUT, I have fears from threads below of overwriting my MBR while I am doing this exploration. Could anyone give me a few steps as to how to boot from the CD and see if my drives will be visible, explore the backup image etc to make sure all this will work without having the dreaded MBR overwrite that will trash my system? Or since I did not make a secure zone am I free some such a problem even if I start recovery manager from the bootable CD?

Thanks

GC

2. TI8

TI8 Guest

I have 4 SATAs connected via the onboard IDE and RAID (configured as IDE) and don't have any problems "seeing" the drives when booting from CD. Also, I have never experienced any MBR problems.

The only issue that I have, and it is not a TI problem, is the drives are out of order when booted from CD. Inside XP I arrange my drives differently because of the IDE / RAID config. TI sees them in the correct order, my XP does the rearranging for me.

This isn't a big deal since TI still reads my drive "labels", and I use descriptive labels so I never get them confused.

I say boot and go for it =)

HTH.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello greg100o,

Thank you for choosing Acronis System Restore Software.

Please create Acronis Bootable CD with "Create Bootable Rescue Media" tool and boot from it. This will not affect your hard drives or anything else by any means. If you see your drives correctly (which should be the case) you will be able to restore the image using full version of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.