Trying ATI Home 2009, considering Echo Workstation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sarahkey, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahkey

sarahkey Registered Member

Hello, I am trying Acronis True Image Home 2009, and I would like to know:

1. First run.
    First time I started ATI Home 2009, It started to spin my HDD for some time and it would not let go, also no message on what was going on. What was that?

2. Acronis versions.
    Can ATI Echo Workstation with Universal Restore, restore the image files that were created using ATI Home 2009 --- to any different hardware (since it is with universal-restore)? Is it a same *.tib for HOME/ECHO.W.S?

3. Speed/performance.
    I plan to run incremental backup on a partition with 20 GB used space, where I will have full backup once a week and incrementals during week days. There will be no major changes to data during the week (so increments wont be large). I'm interested in what restore time I will be looking at when trying to restore such backup? Just a rough estimate, like will it be fast more like 1-2 hours, or slow like 10 or 20 hours?

4. Tasks.
    4.1. I will need incremental daily scheduled task. I will need to backup system partition (C: ), and several directories on D: partition. When creating tasks Acronis have separate options for backing up entire partition, and separate for doing just folders/files. So I'm wondering in how to setup tasks to best achive this? Should I create 2 tasks and schedulle both at same time e.g. to have both tasks run at 0:00 (midnight)? Will Acronis run one task after another?
    4.2. How to create tasks so that it will do incrementals for a week, then start over, that is, so that it will do full backup again on 7th day, and start doing incementals again for next 7 days, and so on ?

5. Tasks import/export.
    Is it possible to save tasks (export/import), e.g. if I need to manually reinstall computer, so I can import back same task, -OR- , do I need to create tasks again?

Thank you.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sarahkey,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

Are you able to reproduce the issue? If not, you can disregard it, it was a kind of glitch.

No, it can't. You can try Acronis True Image 11 Home backups, but the proprer recovery is not guaranted.

The performance depends upon a lot of factors, but it shouldn't take more than an hour.

If you want to backup system partition, you should select My computer item, after that you will be able to choose the desired partition. You are unable to recover the system partition from Files/folders backup file.

If you set several tasks to be executed at the same time, the operations will start one-by-one, i.e. the second task will start after the first one is completed.

Please read User Guide for Acronis True Image Home 2009 available here for more information.

Code:
    5. Tasks import/export.
    Is it possible to save tasks (export/import), e.g. if I need to manually reinstall computer, so I can import back same task, -OR- , do I need to create tasks again?
    You are unable to import the tasks to a newly installed operating system.

Please use Search if you want to find the appropriate information, all questions were discussed on this forum.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. sarahkey

sarahkey Registered Member

Thank you for your help.
    After a while, I have decided and purchased Acronis True Image Home 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.