Try&Decide-like Standalone

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by spj, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spj

spj Registered Member

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question: is there a standalone program that would do what Acronis Try&Decide does in True Image?

I know there are several programs that return to the original state of the computer upon rebooting (Returnil, Shadow Defender, PowerShadow, DeepFreeze, First Defense), but I have not been able to make sure if any of them allows you to "decide" if you want to keep whatever you have been doing.

You can do this in Acronis Try&Decide while in the session, just decide to "apply changes".

If none of these do, is there any program that has this IMO most important feature?

Thank you,

spj

2. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Returnil RVS 2010 Free can do this. I believe that Shadow Defender can do it as well, but requires a one-time payment for a lifetime license.

Edit: With the free version of RVS 2010 you either discard or commit all of the changes. The paid version of RVS 2010 is more flexible in allowing you to decide what changes to keep, as is Shadow Defender.

3. spj

spj Registered Member

Thank you, pegr, I'll have to try Returnil 2010. I have a registered previous version and it doesn't have this feature. It's enough for me an all/nothing option, so I don't need the Pro.

4. pegr

pegr Registered Member

You're right. The previous version of Returnil, RVS 2008, didn't have the ability to commit changes in the free version.

Edit: If you already have a real-time antivirus, I suggest you deactivate RVS Virus Guard in order to avoid potential conflicts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.