Try&Decide causing [Windows - Delayed Write Failed]

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by popper1101, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. popper1101

popper1101 Registered Member

Greetings,

Just upgraded to the latest True Image Home and thought the Try&Decide feature would be a great way to "test" installing an application. I am very leery of installing new applications that never seem to be easy to "fully remove" themselves...and then I have to live with an unstable OS post removal.

So, I wanted to try it for Google Desktop. I created a 5GB ASZ, went through the reboot which allowed True Image to resize my original partition and then create this new 5GB partition. I got back into windows and hit "start" for the Try&Decide. Minutes later, I started getting numerous "Delayed Write Failed" errors popping up on my system tray.

Here is one of the events from my Event Viewer:
    Event Type: Information
    Event Source: Application Popup
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 26
    Date: 6/10/2009
    Time: 2:57:07 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: LENOVO-4CCB3052
    Description:
    Application popup: Windows - Delayed Write Failed : Windows was unable to save all the data for the file C:\Documents and Settings\******\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Anyone else see this?

Is anyone using this feature (try&Decide) successfully? It seems like a great function and I was excited to use it...but so far, not very impressed...

Thanks for your time...

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello popper1101,

Thank you for using Acronis Products

Can you please clarify the exact title of the program and the build number? Have you tried to check disk for errors? If not then do the following:

- Go to the Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd)
    - Enter the command: "chkdsk DISK: /r" (where DISK is the partition letter you need to check) for every partition that is visible in My Computer. Please note, that checking the C: drive may require you to reboot the machine.

Try to recreate Acronis Secure Zone and see if the issue persists.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. popper1101

popper1101 Registered Member

Dmitry, I opened a support case with Acronis tech support and they were unable to resolve the issue. The next day I ended up doing a restore from the backup that I fortunately made right before I attempted to use the Try&Decide feature.

I am very disappointed with the results so far of that feature, so may just shy away from it.

Is no one using this feature successfully on this forum?

Thank you for the reply, great product otherwise...

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello popper1101,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Could you please let us know the case number? I will check the solutions you has been proposed.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

5. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

I tried ATI 2009 build 9709 and also had to restore after it crash my computer. I tried a second time and eventually got it going. But it still had bugs which I reported to Acronis. Acronis know about the bugs and dont seem interested in fixing them

My advice is dont waste your time using T&D it obviously has never been properly tested.

Just use the basic backup and restore. The rest is buggy bloatware.

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

If you Google "Delayed Write Failure" you will get about half a million hits. This is not specifically a TI fault.

You might go into Device Manager and try turning the caching on or off for the USB drive and see if it helps.

7. bohicaIL

bohicaIL Registered Member

I ran into this problem yesterday on two different computers! I have ASZ's on both computers, and activated T&D on both. Then I ran Companionlink for Google, which I have set to sync my Palm Desktop Calendar with my Google account's calendar. Man, did the Delayed Write Failure's fly! Most seemed to be failing in the System Volume Information folder on my C: drive, but there were also quite a few in Documents and Settings\...\various. (BTW, I have cached writing turned off on my disks on both systems!)

Needless to say, both systems were corrupted, and I had to restore to previous images.

I was a past user of Norton Goback's "Safetry," and although it would often take a while to prepare to run, it did run flawlessly.

My ATI Version is 2009, build 9709. My OS is WinXP Pro SP3, all updates applied.

So if you need a guinea pig to reproduce the problem or test a solution, I can probably do that! I would like to understand roughly HOW T&D operates so that I might understand what is going on.

Best regards,
    Garry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.