Trustport 2014 released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by marciocruz, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marciocruz

marciocruz Registered Member

"TRUSTPORT INTRODUCES A NEW GENERATION OF ITS ANTIVIRUS IN THE 2014 VERSION

Brno, October 17th, 2013 – TrustPort company, a producer of antivirus software and applications for mobile platforms, is today launching a new version of its security solution for the protection of computers and smartphones. TrustPort products in the 2014 version will offer a coherent and reliable security solution for home users and companies. The new generation of antivirus software transfers ITC security to a higher level.

Home users will notice many useful improvements. The most marked change is a new graphical user interface, which is adapted to the Metro design of Windows 8 and is optimized for use with touchscreens. Company developers have improved TrustPort’s own scanning engine, have accelerated the scanning process for all implemented engines in TrustPort software, and have simplified the system of software updates. Advanced users will appreciate not only the possibility of a boot CD creation disk for Windows 8, but also many new firewall features. Users can choose between more profiles (Home, Work, Public network) and define their own firewall rules and configurations for more networks.

TrustPort company basically offers its users a multiplatform solution. There are two modules - TrustPort Skytale and TrustPort Portunes which have been added to the three PC security programs TrustPort Internet Security, TrustPort Total Protection and TrustPort Tools. If users install these applications into their smartphone running under Android or the iOS platform, they can synchronize all their sensitive data between their computer and mobile device through cloud storage. The TrustPort Skytale application encrypts SMS and short text messages in mail clients, and the TrustPort Portunes application offers users perfect protection for their sensitive data, such as passwords, PINs or private notes. Meaning, all the data will be safely encrypted.
    TrustPort products for mobile platforms Android and iOS have also been improved. Users of smartphones can download some TrustPort Android applications through the so called APK system (application package file) without the necessity of registration with Google Play. The function of remote control was implemented in the TrustPort Mobile Security product in case of smartphone loss or theft. A user can easily find their mobile by using the function of geolocation, or they can block some functionalities of their smartphone, or delete data stored on their memory card or in the phone memory.
    Network administrators will appreciate new intuitive functions of TrustPort Central Management. Changes concern primarily improvements to the following: automatic updates, the possibility to create pre-arranged planed tasks for cleaning the antivirus quarantine, on demand scanning, activation of antivirus updates, client Management uninstalling, TrustPort Security Elements uninstalling, and the restarting or switching off individual stations. Developers have also simplified working with planed tasks. Now it is possible to copy or define tasks for remote renewal of configuration of workstation to default settings. Administrators can also export the list of workstations to a text file (csv) and working with backup of TrustPort Management will be faster.
    „We are convinced that the improved versions of TrustPort products will gain a wide interest not only for home users, but also for companies. We believe, that thanks to the simplified working aspect and intuitive control of the new version of central management, that this product will be popular not only with large corporations, but also with smaller companies“, says Pavel Mrnustik, CEO at TrustPort."

h**p://www.trustport.com/en/press-releases/trustport-introduces-a-new-generation-of-its-antivirus-in-the-2014-version

2. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

What scanning engines are used in this version? Is there an in-house antivirus? Last time I used TrustPort they used Dr. Web and something else, maybe AVG, and perhaps a third antivirus.

3. luckyboy

luckyboy Registered Member

They are the same - Argon and Xenon (avg and bitdefender)

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

actually looks pretty nice. wonder if there is a improvement over previous versions.

5. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

6. zfactor

just tried and not working for me. not sure why filled it all out and click and blanks out the info and no email tried multiple times and checked translation to be sure.

on another note do they have the stupid piracy tracking junk that dr web introduced?? i understand the reasons and even though i do not at all condone this i will not use it because i dont need a av to be a parent.

7. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Im perfectly happy with what i have installed at the moment so see no reason to try this.

8. zfactor

i test everything so i would liked to have been able to

9. imdb

imdb Registered Member

speaking of 3rd party av engines, i never understand how an av using third party engines outperforms the ones it takes the engines from. please don't tell me "signatures". :p
    btw, it's not trustport i'm talking about in this regard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.