Trusteer Rapport And Sandboxie

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by TerryWood, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi

After reading one or two threads in Wilders I have started to become interested in Trustee Rapport. I am particularly interested in running it in tandem with Sandboxie. However , I have read that it is not possible to do so. Last night I found a post on Wilders which said that the individual was running Sandboxie with TR without problem. Unfortunately try as I might I cannot find the post this morning.

So my questions are:

1) Is anyone running Sandboxie and Trusteer Rapport together?

2) If so how do you configure Sandboxie for Trusteer Rapport?

3) How does Trusteer stack up against Sandboxie with belt & braces configuration ie nothing can run in the sandbox except the browser?

Thanks

Terry

2. pegr

pegr Registered Member

3. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Sandboxie with belt and braces = transporting a suspect in a heavily armour plated police truck (nothing else is allowed in its neigbourhood)

Trusteer Rapport's process protection with screen capture and keyscrambling protection (application hook level), is like driving a gay president candidate in a pink suite through Iran in an open car, while he promotes the right of gay marriage, with some guards trying to protect him (or simularly driving the pope through the back yards of Ayachuco in open car, while the loud speakers repeat "there is only one path to enlightment and that is not Sendero Luminoso")

Regards Kees

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  4. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi Kees1958

Thanks for the illumination. I note from one of your other posts that you use Trusteer Rapport? Assuming I understood your reply to my post correctly, why are you not using Sandboxie instead of Trusteer Rapport?

Thanks very much
    Terry

5. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

I have policy sandboxed my XP Pro using Windows internal features (LUA + SRP + ACL + Registry tweaks + Chromium). Trusteer Rapport provides the only open issue process protection of limited rights processes. So I am happy with it (on my old playing PC with a single core CPU). I love the responsiveness of a lean and mean security setup. See how Chrome's sandbox works http://dev.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/sandbox

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.