Trust-No-Exe: Run At Startup?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Hartigan, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hartigan

Hartigan Guest

Hello everyone,

I have recently trialed a software program called "Trust-No-Exe" after picking up mentions of it over various topics. It is, as said on the website, an executable filter which denies programs being launched from paths not listed in the whitelist or added to the block list.

My question is, does anyone know how to go about enabling the driver to run at startup without intervention of running the control panel to start it? I could not see any command-line arguments, which is unlucky. It is a shame this nice freeware tool could not be more useful as a background utility.

Thanks and regards.

Trust-No-Exe
    http://www.beyondlogic.org/solutions/trust-no-exe/trust-no-exe.htm

2. kareldjag

kareldjag Registered Member

Hi,

Trust-no-Exe is just an executatable filter which does not really increase the security.
    I sometimes use it to deny some programs/folders/drivers when i let others people in front of my computers.

This program is integrated on Windows/System32 and not on Program Files.
    Then it runs and works when Windows starts.
    As you said, you can manage it on the control panel.
    More info when i'll publish my tests.

Regards

Attached Files:

3. kareldjag

kareldjag Registered Member

Trust-No-Exe on the Control Panel:

Attached Files:

4. Hartigan

Hartigan Guest

My mistake, I didn't notice it ran at startup! :p

I honestly find it as a nice lightweight tool for security. It is not as secure as say ProcessGuard, SSM or AntiHook, but it does only really utilise a driver and no un-needed memory processes. If anyone is looking for per-directory (or per file, if you really go to the length of adding every executable filename...) application filtering then it is a very good simple tool. One current problem I've found is that it has no problem running Windows Installer Packages (.msi). But I have to admit, how many trojans/malware use that medium?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.