Trully Dissapointed

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by MasterTB, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

I am a trial user because there is no spanish version of ESS and so Eset Argentina won't let me buy the suite.
    I am now running version 551 but there have been two updates and I cannot download them because Eset won't update the trials.
    This is so unfair to users like myself who cannot buy the product because of Eset's lack of time to release the product properly. It is not my fault that there is no spanish version so at least I should be able to download a decent trial!!!!!!!!
    I have tried every day since 560 to download and every time all I get is 551 even when now the update is 563!!!!!!!!
    So I am trully dissapointed in ESET :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:

2. Gonzo68

Gonzo68 Registered Member

Yes, i completly agree with you.

How can trial people buy a license when eset just provide them an outdated version of it.

Currently registered people can have version 3.0.563 but trial remain at 3.0.551.

What's so different between trial and commercial version anyway ?

3. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion Registered Member

Hi,

there should not be any problem. Once you install .551 you'll get "updates" instantlly. so no worries.

are you having any issues with your current install? if not... there's no need to worry about .563 as i said you get updates automatically.

about site updates...
    it's updated. not as fast as we wish... but updated.

hope it helps!

4. sponch

sponch Registered Member

I have issues to worry about..got the webpicture problem..trial is still 551 .. no program update via integrated update..

5. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

That webpicture problem has been solved. So if you like ESS now: buy it.

6. kmart9419

kmart9419 Registered Member

My version is still .551. This program didn't automatically update my modules. Annoying to say the least. I guess I will have to get it manually.

7. MasterTB

I hope I can hold my temper answering you, I JUST SAID ESET WONT SELL ESS IN ARGENTINA BECAUSE THERE IS NO SPANISH VERSION, don't insult me, I am not stupid, If I could buy ESS I would, as a matter of fact, I want to buy it I just CAN'T, because Eset won't sell it, that's why I'm stuck with a faluty trial.

@xTiNcTion (quote: "there should not be any problem. Once you install .551 you'll get "updates" instantlly. so no worries.
    are you having any issues with your current install? if not... there's no need to worry about .563 as i said you get updates automatically")
    Have you ever used an Eset trialo_O there are no program updates for trial versions only database/engine updates, BUT NO PROGRAM UPDATES!!
    That is why I am so mad and worried, my ESS is stil 551 and no Update changes that so far....

8. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

On the other hand, you can readily install it on top of the current installation...., just choose to retain settings to make it worthwhile.

Blue

9. psychokilla

psychokilla Registered Member

Sorry but that's nonsense, none of the trial versions have updated yet, please check your info before you tell people things.

10. MasterTB

No you can't I have tried it five times already. It gives you the options to Repair or Remove ESS but even if you choose repair the version you downloaded is the same you have installed. They just haven't made the 563 available to trial users, the download it's still 551.
    If you uninstall 551 and install the current trial it is still 551.

11. bluesprite

bluesprite Registered Member

I agree as well. It's ridiculous, how long can it take to update the files on the file server? It's just moving a file from one folder to another, that's all that it takes.

12. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

There are many paths to choose, perhaps Eset has opted to prevent direct program upgrades from trial packages, but they're the only ones who can answer definitively. Typically (i.e. well into a version release) it won't matter, but it is certainly a critical need at the moment.

For the record, with an in-place install on top of an existing version, the first screen seen will be as shown below. Sounds like this never appears.

Blue

Attached Files:

• ess.png
      ess.png
      File size:
      29.1 KB
      Views:
  13. Palombaro

Palombaro Registered Member

This is going to hurt Master TB but for UK users the trial package consisted of an email with a Username and password and a link to the regular download page.
    The user name +password allowed access to standard software and not the embedded username/password to befound on the US site. So this morning I was able to return to the regular site, download v 563 and install over v560.

14. MasterTB

Too bad I'm not in the UK :p

15. Edwin024

My answer was to the posting of sponch. So I have no idea why you wrote what you wrote.

But on the other hand: you are reading English here, write English here, so why not go for the English version first? I am Dutch and I have the English version too, because the Dutch version isn't there either. And you can get the English version from America.

16. MasterTB

Well if your answer was not ment for me, don't pay attention to what I wrote, I was just pissed of at Eset, and it is nobody's fault but theirs.

As for your question, I'm running the English trial, I dont buy it because I cannot buy the English version here in Argentina, how many times do I have to say that they are not selling it?? BTW I did try to buy the English version from beterantivirus but since I'm not an US resident my VISA got rejected!!! Can I be more clear than that??

17. Edwin024

No... But it's strange. I bought it with Mastercard and no problem. I'm not in the US too.

18. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

im in uk, i bought in USA cos it was cheaper, using VISA

19. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

I'm UK and used VISA no problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.