TruImage 8.0 Back-up Will Not Start

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by joy2251, Aug 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joy2251

joy2251 Registered Member

I have been a TruImage user since 6.0 which was highly recommended by Infopackets newsletter. In fact it saved me many times.

I upgraded to TruImage 8.0. When the backup wizard finishes the back up does not begin. I consulted the Acronis website and thinking that some files were corrupt and recovered the program. I even uninstalled & reinstalled the program to no avail the problem was still there. So I am now using TruImage 6.0 again.

I would greatly appreciate help regarding this problem.

Dell 8250
    512 mb ram
    Wester Digital 120 GB
    Hitachi 120 GB partioned into 1 primary and 2 logical

If you need more info pls let me know.

Thank you.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. joy2251

Thank you for you timely reply. I'm not sure if the download link is working. When I click on it I get a page with gibberish in the upper left corner. Is this correct?

Again, thanks for a great and reasonably priced product.

4. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Right click the link and click "Save as..." (Or whatever your browser's syntax is)
    There is a strange character at the beginning, but the registry settings will import properly, nonetheless.

5. joy2251

Hi Wdormann,

Thanks for your reply everything worked.

6. HenkelD

HenkelD Registered Member

Had the same problem and tried the regfile solution. Thank God I had Adwatch running to show me the registration modification in progress and asking me if wanted to allow it.
    !! This regfile solution works only for english Acronis True Image installations !!

With a German ATI installation the file schedhlp.exe needs to be in the directory <windows installation drive>\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Acronis\Schedule2.

With my installation the file was missing there because I installed ATI and the 771 patch on a different drive. (I believe the Patch 771 does either not place the files schedul2.exe and schedhlp.exe in the proper directory on the C: drive
    (the ....Gemeinsame Dateien\Acronis\Schedule2 directory) or it writes the wrong values to the registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "Acronis Scheduler2 Service (the value was "C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Acronis\\Schedule2\\schedhlp.exe\"" while I installed on the G: drive)).
    Also the registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\Schedule2\Files] had the wrong path to the c: drive.

Instead of modifying all the registry entries I copied the file schedhlp.exe (and the file schedul2.exe which when missing is responsible for error 1722) to the requested dirctory on the C drive and now it works. :cool:

Hope that helps

7. Morgs

Morgs Registered Member

:rolleyes: I had this same problem with my Win XP (Home) PC and the Schedhlp.reg solution worked. However, now I have the same problem on my Compaq notebook (Win 2000) - everything works OK up to the point of commiting the pending operations - then nothing happens.

Is there a similar fix (ie., the schedhlp.reg) for my notebook which is running Win2000? Would I use the same link ...(http://www.acronis.com/files/support/schedhlp.reg) or is there another file or fix?

Am I likely to have problems with an incorrect registry adjustment?

The software seems to run very well having overcome the initial problem with getting it to run on the PC. I am keen to image my notebook and any help will be greatly appreciated.

8. wreckwriter

wreckwriter Registered Member

What operating system is this fix for? Sounds much like my problem, stops with 2 blank status bars. I'm on XP Pro SP2.

9. Acronis Support

This fix is for all Windows operating systems.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

10. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Andrew

Hmm, I'm not sure that's entirely true. Post #6 above says that the fix only works for the English version of ATI. Is that correct? Also, I believe the downloaded Registry file is in UNICODE which I confirm doesn't merge into Windows 9x unless it's converted into standard text first. See my previous post here.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards
    Tom

11. Acronis Support

Menorcaman,

You are completely right. This fix is only for the English version of the program. Actually, I was thinking that we are talking only about English version of Acronis True Image.

Regarding Win9x... Hmmm, we should check this. Thank you for the information.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

12. Morgs

Morgs Registered Member

My Question is answered! The full version I downloaded was actually Build 763. Fixing the Win2000 machine problem was solved by running Build 774.
    Thanks Andrew and others...
    Regards,
    Owen

13. Acronis Support

Dear Owen,

It seems that you emailed support@acronis.com and it was me who answered you... :)

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

14. CAOgdin

CAOgdin Registered Member

Of course, true to form, the file named above is no longer available on the Acronis site...and the problem persists in the latest 8.0.786 build.

I buy backup/image software to provide me with security. Why do I feel so damned insecure with Acronis products? The spelling errors, the persistent bugs, and the lack of real on-line support (kike a knowledge base) is making me a very unhappy customer.

The only support response seems to be a request the customer spend lots of time giving them information to fix the bugs...with no promise the problem will ever be fixed.

I am a happy customer. NOT!

15. petersra

petersra Registered Member

It is even worse if using the server version. Either jobs do not start or never finish or even worse will start up not at the scheduled times but rather when a user logs into the server thus crashing SQL since the stop and start batch jobs have long passed. I cannot afford to replicate these problems on live systems in order to resolve such fundamental problems for the creator. Consider this to be $2700 down the drain.

16. kromega

kromega Registered Member

17. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Probably because the file has been removed. Either contact Acronis at support@acronis.com and ask them to email it to you or copy and paste the following text into Notepad and save it as schedhlp.reg

Regards

18. ftwrks

ftwrks Registered Member

Regarding the fiasco long described by many on this forum--for several builds now (since 771?):

I just updated to your latest build (791). It works fine when I am copying the image to a machine's second hard drive. But when I try to save the image to a network drive on a different machine (which always worked fine before), Acronis TI fails as the others have described; i.e., it just stops at the "Commit Pending Operations" prompt. The harddisk spins a little, but no progress ever appears on either progress bar.

I have merged the reg file given on your forum (but removed from your website link!), which I copy here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "Acronis Scheduler2 Service"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Acronis\\Schedule2\\schedhlp.exe\""

The merge went fine, but I get the same maddening stopping behavior from TI. Looking at my registry, I see that the merged reg key does point to schedhlp.exe where it does, in fact exist.

I have run out of tricks--(and patience?)

Thank you, in advance, for anything you might be able to do to help me with this.

Sincerely,

Tom

19. ftwrks

ftwrks Registered Member

Your brand new version (796?) has apparently solved the above stopping problem.

Many many thanks!

Best,

Tom

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.