TrueImageWorkstation9.1.3602 Universal Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tech1, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. backman

backman Registered Member

I have to say that this is the same situation that I have found and it seems to be 100% reproducible

Again, I experience the same problem.

I only wish this were the case for me. When I tried to install directly over build 3567 I got an error about an incorrect serial number of some kind. I had to install from scratch again because I could go no further after the serial number error message. So, up to now I have not been able to update to build 3602.

2. mustang

mustang Developer

If you are not able to successfully install build 3602 over 3567 with Universal Restore installed, here is a a possible solution. I did this after duplicating the problem by uninstalling 3567 and installing 3602. It solved the problem for me.

You will need to get the following 12 files from C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation in a system with 3567 and UR installed:

1. bootmenu.exe
    2. bootmenu_logo.png
    3. bootwiz.sys
    4. f11.cfg
    5. gen_bootmenu.exe
    6. kernel.dat
    7. media_full.config
    8. media_safe.config
    9. mouse.com
    10. ramdisk.dat
    11. splash.run
    12. TrueImage.run

After installing 3602, check to see if the above 12 files are present. If they are not, copy these files in.

You can restore these 12 files to build 3602 if you have an image of the system created when 3567 was installed.

Try to build a Recovery CD. It worked for me.

mustang

EDITED: Try this first.
    Look for the above 12 files under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation in the faulty 3602 install. If you find them, copy them to C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation.

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  3. Tech1

Tech1 Registered Member

I figured out why I am not seeing my product available for download.... It seems I forgot to register it!!
    I regged the 9.1 Workstations, but nothing else... Man, my list is getting long. We are probably spending too much $$ here!:)

4. backman

AHA! This seems to have finally done the trick. Once all those files were copied from one foder to the other, no more problem! You da man, Mustang. Thanks, Terry

5. backman

Well, after further reflection, this does beg the question, "What the heck happened here? Why did some of us run in to this problem?" Curious minds want to know! :D

6. PeterJ

PeterJ Registered Member

In my original clean install of Acronis True Image Workstation v9.1.3534 with Universal Restore the Folder C:\Program

Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation does not exist, only C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation.

Have the updates of Acronis True Image Workstation v9.1 been misdirecting the update files to the wrong foldero_O

Following Mustangs post I tried a clean install of build 3602 and found could not create a rescue Disk.

Then moved all the files in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation to C:\Program

Files\TrueImageWorkstation.

Then Deleted the Folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation.

All is working as normal.

PS tnx to Mustang for the plugins, only use PE Rescue disk for recovery problems

Peter

7. Forellenblau

Forellenblau Registered Member

Hi mustang!

Thanks for your post! That was it! Copying this 12 files from the faulty 3602-version to the right directory, the rescue disk with UR can now be burned!

Forellenblau

8. JARd1st

JARd1st Registered Member

Well I know I registered Universal Restore.

I even emailed Acronis Customer Support and they verified that I registered it. But, UR is still not listed in my updates list.

9. JARd1st

I wonder if they fixed the installer and didn't admit to it; thus the recommended checksum test.

10. Forellenblau

Forellenblau Registered Member

Hi JARd1st!

Did you take a look under "Registered Products" in your account? In my account UR is only avaliable under this item, not under "Product Updates"! I think, that's because there were no updates for it until now.

Forellenblau

11. JARd1st

That's the trick! I redownloaded both TI9.1WorkStation and UR and then uninstalled my present installation, restarted, then installed the new programs and all is now well!

The Universal Restore that's in "Registered Products" is a different installer than my original one because it's a different file size, but it's the same version number. Hmmm

Why is everything Acronis tinged with weirdness? lol

12. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Thanks, I was wondering why I could not duplicate the problem. Especially after Mustang detailed the erroneous directory that I did not get. It seemed to good to be true that it worked fine for me but others could duplicate it every time. (Not that I really wanted it lol)

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  13. Tego

Tego Registered Member

I'm having the same problem - when universal restore is installed I can no longer create bootmedia.
    I've attempted to re-download the universal restore but do NOT get the
    MD5 sum listed in this thread. My MD5 sum is: D1F9DD641D1B755FB08B8EB694384C81

Also installing the upgrade to 3602 over my previous version ends with the "invalid/can't find serial number error".

I have the latest 9 CW installed without the universal restore (The only reason I updated to 9 was to GET universal restore).

Coping the 12 files from the TI directory to "mediabuilder" did not help in my case.

14. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello All,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that the cause of the problem is most likely the different versions of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and Acronis Universal Restore. Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the issue and provide you with the link to the proper version of Acronis Universal Restore.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: May 15, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.