TrueImageMonitor.exe

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tatersalad, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tatersalad

Tatersalad Registered Member

Do I need TrueImageMonitor.exe running?

2. Hi, Tatersalad

This should help you, have a read of this:- Re: processes at startup

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Tatersalad

Tatersalad Registered Member

Thanks,

I did do a search for TrueImageMonitor.exe with no hits. I’m using Wintask 5 to block the startup of TIM and scedular2. scedular2 is set to manual in services and stars fine when I open TI.

4. Monk

Monk Registered Member

Maybe this has been covered before. If so, please forgive me for asking again.

Can the three services noted in https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=263405&postcount=2be set to manual so they only load when True Image is actually used? I have spent a lot of time pruning services that are not needed and jealously protect the list of running services.

Granted these services do not use very much real estate, but every bit counts.

schedhlp.exe 1,180kb
    schedul2.exe 1,944kb
    TrueImageMonitor.exe 204kb

Thanks,
    Monk

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Monk,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We cannot guarantee that Acronis True Image will work properly if you change the startup type of its services. Acronis Development Team designed the serives so that they used as little resources as possible and I don't think 3Mb is really big deal to risk.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Hi Ilya, I agree that 3 MByte or so is not much.
    But my "problem" with these services is that they are loaded in memory, and will be constanly scanned by AV/AT/AS (anti-spyware) software.
    This means that more CPU use etc. will occur (because more needs to be scanned every couple of minutes).

7. Acronis Support

Hello SSK,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I do understand what you mean. Is it possible to load something like "trusted processes list" into your antispyware software? I would not recommend that you change the startup type of Acronis services because it may result in problems when runnning Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Hi Ilya, thanks for your reply.

To be honest, for me there seem to be no problems setting the service to manual startup (except no more systray icon :) ).

Yes, I can disable the services for real-time scanning, but I'm not real happy with these measures. They impact on the protection level given by the AV/AT/AS.

My original comment was more of a hint for the future development of True Image!

9. Acronis Support

Hello SSK,

Probably my previous post was not clear. I meant that it may be possible to tell the AV/AT/AS that Acronis services are not spyware and do not need to be scanned. This will allow you to have the antispyware software launched all the time without any problems.

As for the improvements, it is difficult to implement launching Aconis services only when the backup is created because of the probelms with scheduled backups. However, some changes in that area can be made I believe.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

10. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Hi Ilya,

Thanks, but I can only EXCLUDE the services form scan. This means that an infection of these services will be possible (to some extent at least :) )

If True Image could be made that keeping the services running is only necessary when a schedule is set up, would be great! Here is my vote for this idea :D

11. tronic592001

tronic592001 Registered Member

No you dont need it, mines disabled along with schedhlp.exe

scheduler2 service I have set to manual.actavated on mouse click.

As long as all you are doing is cloneing and imageing.

Download a program called starter and disable items in there. then go to:

startuplist

above link will tell you what exactly you realy need in your startup, ive got 7 total...

:p

12. Monk

Monk Registered Member

Thanks tronic592001,

That is exactly the info I was looking for. I will backup when I want, on my schedule. The last thing I want, is to be in the middle of a project and have the backup (incremental or not) kick in. I can hardly justify 3 services running all the time for a program I will only use once a week.

The link you provided is extremely helpful also. Only 7 services running! Wow, I am impressed. I thought I was doing good with 28. I know I have a few extra running. Some things are not necessary but for one reason or another I want them anyway. Others, I was not quite sure what they did and I left them alone. Your link will help clear up the questions.

Thanks! :D

13. tronic592001

tronic592001 Registered Member

Monk hi

did you right click my computer/manage/services and aplications/services/acronis schedular2/properties/startup type:

change to manual

:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

14. Monk

Monk Registered Member

Hi tronic592001,
    No, I did it the old fashion way. I used Services.msc and msconfig.exe. Should accomplish the same thing though. At any rate I am down to 24 services when I am at the desktop.

I did open TI8 after putting Acronisschedul2 on manual and unchecking TruImageMonitor. Made a backup on the OS drive and verified it. Does not seem to cause any problems.

Thanks for the advice.
    Monk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.