TrueImage7 build 638 Error - cannot create image...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mach1, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mach1

mach1 Registered Member

Starting several months ago I have been getting the following error which renders Trueimage useless.

"Cannot create the image of the logical C: because it is currently in use running applications or the logical drive contains bad sectors."

In the log file, it has this error follwed by "error code 33 - cannot create volume snapshot".

I searched all of the forum history and many other people have posted the same issue, but none of them posted their solution. I found the smae error message noted in the FAQs here, but the solution was to upgrade to Easy CD Creator 5.1 or higher (I have version 6). Obviously, something is staying in resident memory.

I have a WD 160GB good drive, it is a basic disk, and I close all apps, virus scanner off, etc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled acronis several times. This last attempt I tried it with a reformatted drive and a reinstall of WinXP SP2 - all to the same result.

Can anyone let me know what this is all about?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  2. mach1

mach1 Registered Member

I still cannot get it to work. I even tried turning off all of the autostart programs after a reboot (except for the Acronis ones). This has been a big waste of time trying to debug this program.

By the way, I just installed DriveImage7 and voila! it backed up my drive just fine in 6 minutes.

What say ye Acronis/all?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mach1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Please install the below update with disabled logging and see whether the problem persists.

http://www.acronis.com/files/support/SnapAPI_s_e.exe

If the problem does persist, please enable logging by running the update once more, reproduce the program failure and send the c:\snapapi.log file to support@acronis.com along with the description of the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. mach1

mach1 Registered Member

Yes it works now after installing this file! Is this file specifically needed in my build or just in certain cases? This should go up on your FAQ.

Thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.