TrueImage10 Backup always corrupted

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by loziro, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loziro

loziro Registered Member

Hi,
    I got True Image 10 and DriveCrypt Plus Pack 3.9G with full disk
    encryption. The de-encryption is on-the-fly when I request data from
    HDD. I have some data in c:\archive that I want to backup. C: is encrypted.
    I choose "Data" as backup type and begin the process. Everything ok. Backup is finished.
    Now I validate the archive (I have also tried to restore the full archive) and
    TrueImage say:

Operation completed with errors:
    The file is corrupted. (0x4000D)
    Tag = 0xC847B314771C5F00

I have see that if I restore the archive every about 500 files come up a corrupted file and for continue the restore process I need to press "Ignore restore this file".
    Can cryptography on-the-fly make slow my system and TrueImage can't support this slowlyness? Or TI don't support anymode cryptografy also in backup type "Data"?

Please help me I have some important files to backup. Thank you very much.

loziro

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

I can't answer your question, but while you wait for a specific answer, here's and experiment.

Turn off encryption and then backup the C:\archive folder and restore it. If there are no errors, then you know that the encryption is causing the problem. If there are still errors, then something else is causing the problem.

3. loziro

loziro Registered Member

I have turned off drive encryption and reinstalled totally Windows Vista.
    Just installed Vista, I have installed True Image 10 and backup my files.
    Next I've tried to restore files and again Backup is CORRUPTED in some files.

This is a mistery of True Image or of my PC?
    Becouse some day ago, my backup has been created successfully without
    corruption.

loziro

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

OK, it's not the encryption that is causing the problem. It's something else.

Where are you creating the backup image? If it is on an external USB drive, can you make the image to an internal drive instead and test the recovery?

What sort of system is this? Brand, model, motherboard, IDE or SATA drives, RAID, etc.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello loziro,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If updating does not solve the problem, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please clarify if you are performing the restore using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media or Windows version of Acronis True Image.

Please collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the log with error messages;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) (if you are using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media) or Windows system information (if you are using Windows version of the program) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.