TrueImage Workstation 9.1 Question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by LegolasFett, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LegolasFett

LegolasFett Registered Member

Hello,
    I work for a company and the goal for this application is to create a batch file on a laptop that will run an incremental backup to a network drive. Since the laptops that this will be used on are normal end users we want to make this as simple for them as possible.

I have made the batch file and it works well, the only problem is the large amount of time it takes about 50GB of data to be backed up. It takes about 2 hours via HD->HD or HD->Network Drive.

This simply won't be productive for the people who rely on the laptops to do their job, either they do it at the end of the day and leave the laptop and the computer with the network share on all night or run it during the day and have to deal with a laggy machine.

Here are the contents of the batch file I am using to create the backup:
    (line 1)cd \"Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation"
    (line 2)TrueImageCmd /create /filename:"C:\test.tib" /partition:1-1 /incremental /log:"C:\test.txt"

Is there a better way to create the batch and have it run more efficiently (quicker)?

Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello LegolasFett,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

You can schedule such backup task by means of Schedule Backup Wizard using Acronis True Image Workstation Management Console for all laptops where you have Acronis True Image Agents installed. This will not require a manual start of the batch files, moreover it will make these batch files unnecessary at all.

If this way does not fit for your purposes, then I'm afraid there is no other way to back up except the one you have desribed.

I would like to recommend you to read the appropriate User's Guide for more information. You can download it from the Documentation section of our web site.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.