TrueImage won't boot from disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hooly, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hooly

hooly Registered Member

Hi

I've read the manual in detail and followed the instructions in the sticky thread here.

I run the boot disk in safe more, but when I select full mode, it just hangs and nothing happens.

I need to use full mode, because my back up image is on an external hard drive.

I tried downloading and booting from the Master Boot Record disk as suggested in the thread above but nothing happened.

Can someone please help me PLEASE :O)

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

What version and build of True Image? Is this a Dell desktop? Try the cd on another system.

3. hooly

hooly Registered Member

Okay its true image 10 the latest version

After posting I found this thread saying I should install the latest update

I have now installed the latest update and burned a new boot CD... and I still can't boot the full version

This totally sucks I've wasted hours here.

I'm afraid I can't try the CD on another system, this is the only system I have and it's an Acer laptop. I get to the Acronis menu then when I select 'full version' it just hangs and dies.

This was why I purchased the product, to be able to restore my C drive !! :'(

4. Ralphie

Don't give up just yet :) . The problem could lie in either the cd media or the burner or a combination of both. So try installing the software on another system and burn the Rescue cd on it or try a different brand of cd media.

5. hooly

hooly Registered Member

Thanks for the positive vibes ralphie

I don't have another system

The boot disk is recognised... it loads and goes to a menu screen and lets me boot up the safe version but not the full version

A search on these forums suggests this is a common problem, there is even a sticky thread with some (rather technical) things you can try to get round it.

I have tried everything that I am capable of. I don't think the problem relates to the media I am using, but I can't confirm that because I dont have another system.

So far I've spent 50 dollars and about 4 hours for nothing man, unbeleivable.

6. Ralphie

Well you have to narrow down the problem. One of the easiest things to try is boot the cd in another system. Give it to a friend or relative to try in their system.

7. hooly

hooly Registered Member

I'm now trying to burn another CD using an ISO image and CD burning software, rather than direct from Acronis True Image...

Failing that I can try the disk on another system tomorrow.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hooly,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If you not able to create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) then please do the following:

- Boot your computer from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears.
    - After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, remove the word "quiet", click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

When the screen stop scrolling please write down the output information you receive (last 5-10 lines), or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screen. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys to scroll the screen manually.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

9. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

Try this:

Keep you external drive powered OFF

Use the Acronis Rescue CD to boot the computer

Select the Full version

Once the Acronis menu opens, power ON the external drive

Select Backup or Restore (depending on your needs) and see the external drive appear in the structure tree.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mfabien,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Actually, please note that as I stated in this previous post the external USB hard drive (or any other device) should be plugged to the computer before booting into the standalone version of Acronis True Image (before selection to boot "Full" or "Safe" version is made).

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.