TrueImage trial version - failed to register

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jem16, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jem16

jem16 Registered Member

I have downloaded the trial version but I can't get it to install as it keeps giving the error message, "Failed to register"

Can you help please?

2. singular

singular Registered Member

I'm getting the same problem. Seems to be fairly common. Hopefully the support admin will send us some instructions or a link to a file that will work.

3. jem16

jem16 Registered Member

Yes I'd noticed a few with the same problem too. I did try what was suggested in some of the links but no luck.

4. shakasha

shakasha Registered Member

Yea me too.
    I first downloaded a copy from cnet's download.com and could not get past the register error on install. So I setup an account here and downlaoded a trial and the same eroor stops me from installing.

I went shopping to see if I could buy this in a store and I didn't see it (Best Buy and Sam's Club). I'm not a big fan of Symantec, so really would like to try this out. What can I doo_O

Shakasha

5. shakasha

shakasha Registered Member

Duh!

I disabled my Norton's Firewall, it registered, I enabled it back and the install flew like an eagle.

I should have known to do that right away.

Shakasha

6. jem16

jem16 Registered Member

Mt firewall is a hardware firewall through my router. It's probably that but a bit more tricky to disable.

7. jem16

jem16 Registered Member

Can anyone help please?

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jem16,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

Please be aware, that we have sent you PM with a link to the build of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home Trial, which does not need registration.

Use this: Quick link to PM Acronis Support

Everyone, who has the same issue, please send us a PM with the link to your post. To send PM please click on the "Acronis Support" in the head of any of my replies and choose "Send a private message to Acronis Support" item. We will certainly provide you with a link for Acronis True Image 9.0 Home Trial.

Thank you.
    --
    Fedor Kurbatov

9. Mikey Silo

Mikey Silo Registered Member

Hi, I've just joined up here because I've had exactly this problem - I'm unable to complete the installation of the trial version of True Image because it fails to register!

I thought initially that it might be because of my firewall settings (Norton), but I've changed them and even disabled them with no further luck. I also tried downloading the installer both from Acronis direct and from Download.com.

I'me very eager to get this working since I'd prefer to use True Image over Norton Ghost (what I've read up on tends to show TI as the better program), and I'm at a stage on my PC with a fresh OS and core applications installed, so want to image the drives NOW!!!!

I'll PM the support team as advised above :blink: o_O

10. Acronis Support

Hello Mikey Silo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I have sent you the Private Message with the further instruction. Please check your inbox.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

11. Darrin Patin

Darrin Patin Registered Member

I've tried using Norton Ghost 9.0 to copy my current c drive to a sata raid mirror set. When trying to boot from the copy, the system hangs at the welcome screen. I need to try True Image. But the trial fails to register, with or without Sygate firewall running. Please help!

12. Acronis Support

Hello Darrin,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please check your Private Messages. I've sent you one.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

13. hoytr

hoytr Registered Member

Hi, I tried to send a PM (not available) to request the link to the 15 day trial of True Image Home that dosn't need to be registered. I like others have tried disabling Nortons Security, with out success. No proxies are used either.
    So could you please send me the link.
    Regards
    Terry :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  14. visu03

visu03 Registered Member

Hi,
    Even i am having the same problem (Failed to register). When i try to send a PM as specified in one of the posts, PM service is not available. Can any one please help me.

-Thanks,
    Vish.

15. Etrsi_645

Etrsi_645 Registered Member

yes, I too have the 15 day download and it says "failed to register"

thank you,

Rick

16. lmp2510

lmp2510 Registered Member

I am having the same problem and the PM system is not working. Is there another way to access the link?

17. GavinK151

GavinK151 Registered Member

me also :-(

the PC I am wanting to use true image on is not connected to the internet and this is why I think it is failing to allow registration and thus the install fails...

I would appreciate a link also to the version that skips this step - can someone PM me?

thanks!!!

18. bimbach

bimbach Registered Member

I am having the same problem with installing the trial version. The PM system also seems to be unavailable.

19. daj

daj Registered Member

I am having the same problem - I will try sending a PM

20. conquest

conquest Registered Member

I too am having the same problem with the trial download. I have tried to download and install multiple times but reach the same point each time and can't get past the Registration Error.

Please help soon!

-Michael

21. Acronis Support

Hello Michael,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please check you PM box. I have send you the instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

22. So_gigolo

So_gigolo Registered Member

Hello guys

I got the damned same problem, and i have no freakin' idea what to do :( True image 9.0 trial always failes by tryin' to register.. can someone help me?:( As fast as possible plz :D :D

23. netwolf

netwolf Registered Member

I have the same problem!
    please help me!

24. gcs363

gcs363 Registered Member

I have the same problem. I tried to demo it for a customer/friend after having tried it and bought it for my own use.

Why bother with the on-line registration at all? Seems to be causing a lot of frustration for users and extra work for the support staff.

25. Acronis Support

Hello So_gigolo, netwolf and gcs363,

Thank you for interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I have send you the instructions on how to install the trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home via PM. Please check your inbox.

Would also like to suggest to all users who might encounter the same issue in the future, i.e cannot install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home because of the inability to pass the registration screen, follow the steps described in this previous post. There is absolutely no need to post your requests for this link in this or any other thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.