TrueImage problem with rescue-CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Nordlicht, Apr 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nordlicht

Nordlicht Registered Member

Hello,

I determined today problems with TrueImage. After the update on the current version (Home version 10 Build 4.942) I provided a rescue disk. After production of the disk I'v reboot from the disk. TrueImage started as used. Then I wanted to test archives and the problem appears: I could not select archives. The window came up and where otherwise on the left of the listing tree is, saw no volumetree. Property waited and waited… no reaction. OK ONE… again rebootet however no other result.

So far so well. Then I took the boat CD of the previous 10er version. Same result: No listing tree. Same test with that boat CD of the last 9er version: s.o.

It is no matter, which action I would like to implement. I see no listing tree and can thus also no file select.

Any idea ?

I'm using Win XP SP2

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Where are you storing the archives, Secure Zone, USB drive, network?

3. Nordlicht

I store my archives on my USB drive. I'am using this drive since more than 2 years with TruImage.

Since a few weeks it's formated as NTSF. Using the BartPE-Plugin I've no problem.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Nordlicht,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try switching off your USB drives, and powering them after Acronis Bootable Rescue Media fully boots.

Please also try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please keep the drives in question connected and powered on during the creation process.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. Nordlicht

Perhaps I've found the problem.

Disk Director 9 give the message "Error reading sector 0 at drive 0"

Is there a save way to fix this problem ?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Nordlicht,

Please note that the above error may indicates that there are errors on the disk. Therefore, could you please check each partition of your hard drive by Windows utility:

- Start -> Run, then enter the command "chkdsk X: /r"

where X is the partition letter you need to check. Please note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

If the issue still persists, please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.