Trueimage Linux 8, Fedora 4, SW Raid 1 snapapi crash on kernel greater than 2.6-8...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Urbok, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urbok

Urbok Registered Member

hello

I was interested on evaluation of truimage linux server 8 to backup my fedora 4 server.
    a customer of mine say that this great program works only with oldest fedora core 3 kernel 2.6-8....
    (he tried the last 946 release)
    with a kernel greater than this (example 2.6-12 of fedora core 4 or the latest of fedora3), the snapapi crash if you try to backup an MD (software raid 1) partition!!!
    no problem if you backup /dev/hda.

when this issue we'll be fixed?
    it's important that I can backup my raid MD partition.
    if you solve fast this issue I surely buy 5 server licence (3 windows and 2 linux)

thank again

2. Urbok

Urbok Registered Member

Is this a bug of acronis or of linux kernel?
    this occour also on fedora 3 with latest kernels (ex 2.6-13 etc etc)

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Trueimage Linux 8, Fedora 4, SW Raid 1 snapapi crash on kernel greater than 2.6-8

Hello Urbok,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software for Linux.

Please issue the following commands:

uname -a
    dmesg
    cat /proc/mdstat
    cat /proc/partitions

Send the output after each of the commands to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. It will allow us to investigate the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

4. Urbok

Urbok Registered Member

hei, but noone in this forum have problems on a fedora 4 or a fedora 3 upgrade with latest kernel with linux software raido_O
    we have tested in a secondari server and the problem persist!!!
    downgrading kernel of fedora 3 to the default kernel (2.6.:cool: there's no problem!!!

let me know please

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005
  5. gcarlton

gcarlton Guest

Re: Trueimage Linux 8, Fedora 4, SW Raid 1 snapapi crash on kernel greater than 2.6-8

Yes, we have the exact same issue - Acronis crashes while trying to back up software raid 1 devices (e.g. /dev/mdX). We are on Fedora Core 4 2.6.12 and 2.6.13.

I suspect this can be very easily duplicated with a standard Fedora Core 4 install and software raid 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.