TrueImage hijacked my computer! Can't bbot to Windows

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jonathan7007, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathan7007

Jonathan7007 Registered Member

All,

I bought Acronis True Image 8.0 (boxed) at a retailer and it has hijacked my computer. Immediately after install finished the computer will only boot into Acronis's control panel. That's it - no sign of the Windows logo, no text-only menu with a boot option, no chance to do anything else, for example, to uninstall the program to get it to release its grip!

I read evrything in the manual that seemed related to this. nada.

"Help...About" says this is Build 791, and the website says Build 903 is current.

Luckily I have a laptop I can use to hail the outside world for help because I can't get on the web on the hijacked machine. System limitations aren't at fault: the hijacked computer is a Pentium 2.8 with 1Gig RAM and lots of disk space.

Need help fast because this is the main computer around here.

2. Jonathan7007

Jonathan7007 Registered Member

OK, I apologize. I had left the install disk in my slot-loading DVD drive and "out-of-sight, out-of-mind..." The drive is quiet so I didn't notice/hear that every time I Quit the computer rebooted to Acronis because the install CD was still in the optical drive. It is a recovery CD as well as an install tool.

Duh....

Again, sorry for taking up electrons here. I'm sure I'll have some real questions later.

Jonathan7007

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Welcome to Wilders - and I think it'll be OK ;)

There's plenty of helpful people around for when you have more questions and a truly massive amount of informative threads here that are searchable as well. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.