TrueImage evaluation copy - First Impressions

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by EdB, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdB

EdB Registered Member

I have only been playing with this thing for about a couple of hours now. Mainly, I want a decent backup tool for files and email. I've set up scheduled tasks to test both of these aspects. What I see so far is:

1. Cannot backup up Outlook 2000. TrueImage just crashes.

2. Assuming this gets fixed, will there be a provision for .pst files that are password-protected? It would not be good for a scheduled task hang while waiting for the password ...

3. The file backup seems okay so far.

4. Restoring has problems. If I do restore *all*, it looks okay. But if I choose to restore particular files or particular directory branches, then I only get partial results. Many files/folders get omitted.

Is this in line with what the rest of you are seeing?

I intend to do more testing , but based on what I see right now, I am inclined hold on to my money. The user interface is very nice, but the results are not encouraging ...

Thanks,
    Ed

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello EdB,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Sharing your experience is very much appreciated. If you have any further experience to share, please feel free to post it on this forum.

Please be aware that this issue is known already. It will be fixed in the next build of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. We are going to release the next build in the nearest future. Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

Please note that in order to back up messages, user accounts and settings of Microsoft Outlook you do not need to provide the password. The password is set for Microsoft Outlook itself.

Could you please describe this issue in more details? Did you back up separate files/folders or did you create the image of disk/partition? Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this issue. Please also create a screen shot of all your steps, if possible.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.