TrueImage Ent build 1158

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DS-MP, Aug 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DS-MP

DS-MP Guest

1st - Im confused over the build numbers Ive been beta testing this software for a long time now, 12 releases, and about a 2 months ago I was able to get my company to pick it up. The version we were sent is version 8 build 1158. When I registered my Keys today and checked the update download list, I see that the latest version 8 build 1124 ??

Im lost. The last version I tested was 1124 in April.
    What Im thinking is that the Rep that my work spoke with is the same person
    I was working with during my beta testing. Basicly I was reporting all my bugs to her and she was sending releases that contained fixes and updates for further testing. So I think this 1158 release was my next beta bug fix test release and it was sent to us as the purchased release in a mixup.

Anyway!
    Should I be using 1158 or 1124 on my systems, because 1158 seems to be very unstable and unable to restore images

Configurations:
    1 - IBM Blade Server Local CD / Image on Network, local and CD
    2 - IBM Intellistation Pro with Local CD and Local DVD / Image tested from Network, local and CD
    3 - HP Rack servers with Local CD and USB attached DVD / Image on CD

Problem:
    Every time I build a recovery CD from this build (115:cool: it crashes/ system reboots when you try to start the restore process from a CD stored image.

The image that I create from this release is fine and Im able to restore it from version 8 build 940 recovery CD.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other issues:
    Every release gives false error messages when doing restores from CD images.
    When it prompts for you to switch media, the software presents it in a way that looks like an error has occured. Once you read the body of the message you can see its asking for a different CD but the message itself causes confusion.

The Networking login doesnt seem to be retained in version 1158 when you set it from the Recovery CD.

DS-MP

2. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DS-MP,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

pjb024 is correct, 1158 is the latest build.

As for the problems you have reported:

1. Concerning the problem with the image restoration:

- Tell me if you are trying to restore an image from under Windows or when booted from Bootable Rescue CD;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step;

- When exactly your system reboots?

- Have you received any error messages? What exact messages?

- Does the problem persist with the other builds of Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0?

- Where do you store your images?

2. Concerning the "false error messages":

Please make a screen shots of these messages or use a digital camera to make a shots of them. Send the captured information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

3. Concerning the "networking login" when using Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0 ( 1158 ) Bootable Rescue CD:

- Please describe the issue in more words;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step;

- Does the problem persist with the other builds of Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0?

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. DS-MP

DS-MP Guest

See my reply in the above

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DS-MP,

Thank you for all the provided information. I think that the problems you have reported require a deeper investigation.

What concerns the problem with the image restoration:

Could you please create Acronis Report and Linux system information as it is described in Acronis Help Post?

Please use Bootable Rescue CD made using build 1158 of Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0 in order to create sysinfo.txt.

Send these files to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

As for the "networking login" problem:

Send a step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. Please send this information in a separate letter, as this issue is a little bit differs from the first one. We will investigate both problems and try to provide you with the solutions.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Aug 20, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.