TrueImage ECHO Server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wildhorse86, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildhorse86

wildhorse86 Registered Member

Hey Guys,
    I was wondering - I am using Acronis TrueImage ECHO Server here at my work place (latest version to date) in conjunction with some other backup software. I have it set to do an incremental network backup every night (which is then backed up offsite again) but I want to limit it to 10-15 revisions.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to set it up to do so?

Cheers,
    Michael

2. DJ-Studd

DJ-Studd Registered Member

Hello,
    I would also appreciate this functionality. Alternatively, having the ability to rotate between drives when one is full with incrementals.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis Products

I may recommend you to backup images to Acronis Secure Zone. Acronis True Image uses the following scheme to clean up Acronis Secure Zone:

- If there is not enough free space in the zone to create a backup, the program deletes the oldest full backup with all subsequent incremental/differential backups.
    - If there is only one full backup (with subsequent incremental/differential backups) left and a full backup is in progress, then the old full backup and incremental/differential backups are deleted.
    - Otherwise, (only one full backup left, and an incremental/differential backup is in progress) you will get a message about space error. In that case you will have to either re-create the full backup or increase Acronis Secure Zone.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.