TrueImage 9 speed?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by paulsiu, Sep 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulsiu

paulsiu Guest

Does anyone have numbers on how fast TrueImage backup a 80 Gb hard to another HD over USB 2? The problem with TrueImage is that it was slower than Ghost (but TrueImage is a lot better). I was wondering if TrueImage 9 is faster than TrueImage 8?

Paul

2. Glen

Glen Guest

I found Trueimage 9 to be increadibly slow. I have a 7 gb partition that I do an incremental backup every two days. TI8 used to take 5 to 10 minutes depending how much data had to be backed up. Today I noticed TI9 took over two hours to back up 281 mb. I also had a corrupted backup schedule after upgrading from TI8 to TI9. I ahve now uninstalled TI9 and just reinstalled TI8.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis products (http://www.acronis.com/products/).

The speed of backup process depends on many things such as the speed of you hard drive, the speed of the external drive, whether the system is being used by some other massive application, whether you create the backup from Windows or from bootable media mode etc. thus it is difficult to give you the exact quantity of time needed to backup your drive. Please also note that Acronis True Image backs up only the space that is occupied by information on your hard drive thus if there's just 4GB of space of information on your 80GB drive, only 4GB of data will go to the image you create. Approximate time of backup for 80GB of data will be about 40-60 minutes.

Currently Acronis True Image 9.0 has approximately the same speed of the imaging process. One of our main concerns right now is increasing that speed and we put much effort into optimizing the process (and the new engine allows us to do that quite well). Considering that, we can say that the future builds of Acronis True Image 9.0 will be faster than Acronis True Image 8.0.

Thank you.

Sergeev Sergey.

4. Blackjack60

Blackjack60 Registered Member

Since Acronis is now apparently concerned with the speed of TI9, would it be possible to add some sort of speed indicator to TrueImage? (That way, we could tell how fast it is.) I've requested this simple feature since version 6.x, but at that time was told to use a calculator.

5. sconnell

sconnell Registered Member

Sergeev Sergey,

It is nice to see that someone from Acronis participates here. I'd sure like to see a response to my query.

I have to disagree with you about Acronis v9 speed. Although I have not done a direct comparison between TI v8 and TI v9, I do know that Acronis v9 is disappointingly slow as compared to version 8.

Last night I did clearly see the difference between TI 9 and TI Enterprise server 8. To back up a 40Gb hard drive (Windows 2K Server) to a highly compressed image on a USB 2.0 drive required OVER 40 minutes with TI 9 and less than 15 minutes using TI Enterprise Server 8.

Unfortunately the result of a recovery using both products was a unbootable OS.

Shawn

6. Rog

Rog Guest

I have uninstalled TI 9 after comparing with version 8 and it is not true that the speed is the same: a full image backup of a 16GB partition taking about 14 minutes in version 8 (normal priority) had to be killed (cancelling did not work) after 120 minutes running at high priority and 70% indicated in version 9 (rel.2270)....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.