TrueImage 9 Corrupt backup files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by antplugger, Apr 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antplugger

antplugger Registered Member

Hi Guys,

I am a long term TI 8 user and have used it with a lot of success to backup/recover and reimage disks.

This weekend I upgraded to version 9 and have had an unpleasent experience with corrupted backups. Very confusing as I checked the image as usual at the end of the backup.

I do not have a hardware problem - Ths machine runs perfectly, I have tested on other systems I have with the same corruption errors. Backup works fine just the recovery part causes an error.

Anyhow I am happy to report that TI version 8 reads the images perfectly without error. So for the time being I am downgrading.

What information do I need to provide to help you track down this problem ?

Thanks

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

You will need to give the build number of that version.

3. antplugger

It is Build Version 9.0 Build 2,337

O/S: XP Pro SP2 -Up to date all patches
    Motherboard: GA-K8NS
    CPU: AMD 3000+
    AGP: eVGA 6600GT - Nvidia 84.12 drivers
    Mem: 1GB
    Software: SageTV, Acronis TrueImage & DiskDirector, Girder
    Disk: 2 x IDE, 1 x 400MB SATA
    TV: 2 x Hauppage PVR150 and 2 x Avermedia HYBRID A16A DVB-T

4. levendel

levendel Registered Member

One more of the same problem with TI 9 - 2337. How many more cases do you need to get in order to accept that you have a problem?

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Do you mean that they checked OK at the end of the backup but were found to be corrupted later or where they corrupted at the end of the backup?

6. antplugger

I checked all backups I do at the end of the backup and they checked OK. Subsequent checks and restores failed as per the attached log.

Important fact: If I do a check image with version 9 and it fails I have then done a check image with TI 8 and that goes through OK !!!

Cheers

7. DCM

DCM Registered Member

I have been having the same problem with version 8 and the trial version 9. Did not buy version 9 because of this.

The posting above could have been written by me if you substitute version 8 for his version 9.

My images check out find after writing them, then future testing or restoration attempts give the corrupt image message and the program does not work.

My computer is also running fine and I do not have this problem with Ghost (any version). Although I would prefer to run True Image, I am using Ghost until this problem is fixed by the authors.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello antplugger,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify whether you create an image within Windows or in rescue mode?

Please tell us where your image is saved to. If you create the image to the external hard drive, please try to save it to the internal one and see whether the problem still persists.

Please also try to verify images created from under Windows using Acronis True Image 9.0 Bootable rescue CD and vice versa.

Please let us know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

9. thebetterhalf

thebetterhalf Registered Member

I downloaded True Image version 9 trial from Acronis website and tried it on 4 different machines (P4, P3, Celeron 2.0 Ghz) with multiple IDE and USB drives and sizes and had no problems.

1) I then bought Version 9 (boxed version) from Newegg first week of April. On the P4 machine I installed over the trial version and got the message that my trial version had expired. I uninstalled Acronis and re-installed Ver 9. This time it ran, but trial version 9 backups that used to be 15 minutes for 80 GB backup (16 Gb data on disk) started taking 45 minutes. Restores first showed 18 hours to restore, then when started, ended with a corrupt message.

2) Same P4 but running from another drive that had trial versio 9 on it. FIRST un-installed trial version 9, then installed boxed version 9. Similar results, 45 minutes to do backups and 45 minutes to do restores. Next, uninstalled and used regedit to clean instances of ACRONIS. Re-installed boxed version 9 and times improved to 15 minutes for backup (no errors), but all restores and image checks result in 'corrupted file' message.

3) Using P4 and a third drive still running trial version 9, backed up system clock to allow trial version to run, then did image file check (no errors found) and restore (no errors occurred) and backup took original 15 minutes.

I found program 'EruNT' on www.SnapFiles.com and started using it to backup and restore registry as I played (users rate it highly and no problems) just to be able to do multiple un-installs and re-installs.

Question: Differences between trial version 9 and boxed version 9? Loved trial version 9, but I have to go back to 20MAR06 on system clock to keep using it until problem with boxed version is solved.

10. antplugger

I created the backup while windows is running to a local 400GB SATA drive.

Cheers

11. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Have a look in:
    Start | Control Panel | Administrative Tools| Event Viewer | System Log and see if there are any disk or other error entries.

I had a similar verify problem (without the V8 verification wrinkle) and it turned out to be a bad SATA cable.

12. Acronis Support

Hello thebetterhalf,

I'm afraid that the build number of your boxed version of the software is outdated. So we recommend you to download the latest update of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site and see whether the problem still persists.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

13. Acronis Support

Hello antplugger,

Please download and install the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site.

If the problem persists with the latest build, please try to create the image to the internal hard drive in rescue mode (you should create the bootable rescue media with the latest update).

Please try to verify images created from under Windows using Acronis True Image 9.0 Bootable rescue CD and vice versa.

Please let us know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

14. antplugger

OK - I am happy to do that but are there any specific changes in this build to address errors similar to ones I have had ?

Thanks

15. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi antplugger,

I would think so. TI 9.0 Home build 3567 uses a completely different imaging engine and file structure (based on the TI 9.1 Corporate series) to that of previous TI builds. So definitely worth installing this new build, creating a new bootable rescue CD from it and giving it a go :).

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.