Trueimage 9, bootable cd doesn't recognize sata disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by globe_trotter, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. globe_trotter

globe_trotter Registered Member

As subject, truimage 9.0 (9.1 and 10 too) doesn't recognize sata disk and it stops at start from bootable cd.
    I have a ASROCK conroe865pe motherboard with ICH5 sata controller (no raid). It seems there aren't drivers for dos to load in a bootable floppy disk or cd). Is it true? Can i resolve this problem? I read about Bart's Pe bootable disk...but with which driver? And how is work?
    Thanks for your help

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

This a very common problem with the Linux boot CD. You can add drivers you need in BartPE. Read Mustang's Begginer's Guide to Creating a BartPE CD. Use one of Mustang's BartPE Plugins when you build.

3. globe_trotter

Now I read and I try. Are there common driver that are good for many sata controllers?
    Thanks for your previous answer.

4. thomasjk

The guide has a link to a driver pack that can be incorporated in your build.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello globe_trotter,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If updating does not solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please keep the drive in question connected and powered on during the creation process.

If you're not able to create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) then please do the following:

- Boot your computer from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears.
    - After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, remove the word "quiet", click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

When the screen stops scrolling please write down the output information you receive (last 5-10 lines), or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screen. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys to scroll the screen manually.

Please also collect the exact vendor and device names of the hard drive in question.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. saph03

saph03 Registered Member

thomasjk,

I agree - the BartPE approach has been handy and successfully resolves access to certain newer hardware if you include the correct drivers on your BartPE build.

Here's a question for you related to another thread I have open:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=172239

In that thread I describe why I would like to make the machine boot to the Linux rescue environment from an external USB HDD. Since I'm having issues with my Acronis "Create Bootable Rescue Media", I've not been able to test this.

Then - your post gave me this idea: should I be able to create a BartPE bootable rescue environment on an external USB HDD? What do you think?

7. globe_trotter

I created Bart PE cd but two times it stopped (at the end, while it was burning disc) with this error:
    ...Verifying data
    Errorr: StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_VerifyFile() fallito, LBA 56820, exception 8, status 28042976, text 'CStarBurn_ScsiTransportSPTI::ExecuteCDB(): Command failed'
    Ejecting the disc

However I tried to use this disc and after a while restore stopped with error 4096 in dmio.sys file in \xpsstm\bose\boot\setup\setup.c. Is it burning problem or cause if doesn't find a correct sata driver? :(

8. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

You need to resolve your burning problem first. If it is a verify failure then obviously the source data differs from what got burned. Try slowing the burn speed down or changing media.

You could create a BARTPE ISO image and then burn that as a separate stage.

F.

9. globe_trotter

Yes, I have to resolve burning problem but aren't there driver problem with my mother board (Asroch conroe865pe) too? I read there aren't driver (no windows) for intel ICH5 sata controller in my mobo. Someone has this mobo or chipset with sata controller?

10. globe_trotter

Thanks for answering but boot from Acronis cd stops before I can press F11 button.

11. globe_trotter

Asrock support answer me there are not sata driver for my mobo :( (Conroe865pe) With bart pe cd and its driver can i resolve my problem? :(
    Thank you

12. globe_trotter

...I have a doubt... Isn't problem how Acronic boot cd has made? it can't load driver that windows use? Or is only specific sata driver problem?

13. thomasjk

Did you add the driver pack mentioned in the Beginner's Guide? You may have to add the drivers your self if they are not included in the driver pack.

14. globe_trotter

Problem is which driver? I put only driver pack. Conroe865pe mobo has not driver. Can I put windows driver? Where find it? Perhaps is better purchase a new controller?

15. globe_trotter

Now burning is ok and ....it works! :D But it takes some minutes to get initial menu. I tried to make a disc image and it works but restore doesn't work. Perhaps because restore image is made from previous trueimage version? Restore of previos (same versione of trueimage) backup works. Have you any idea?

16. globe_trotter

I did some tests and it seems I can restore image made with same version of TI with which I make restore. Is it possibile? And why is so slow to get intial menu (until 5 minutes)

17. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Note that TI 9.0 Home Build 3567 onward uses a different imaging engine for its backups. With which build were the images which don't restore made, and what build are you currently using?

F.

18. globe_trotter

I use ti 9.0 build 2337

19. thomasjk

Download either B3677 or B3854(the latest) and try them.

20. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello globe_trotter,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please follow Marat's and thomasjk's advice and download the latest build (3854) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. The latest build for Acronis True Image 10.0 Home is 4942. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please create a new Bootable CD using the latest build.

Should you experience this issue with the Acronis True Image Bootable CD created with the latest build, please submit a request for technical support. Attach the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Please also have a look at this previous post of mine to find the answer to your question.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

21. globe_trotter

Perhaps I don't understand.....but TI 10 can restore TI 9 (which build) images?
    I tried but it doesn't work.
    Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.