TrueImage 8 build 771: image to DVD-RAM not working

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by level420, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. level420

level420 Guest

Hello Everybody,

I tested the demo of TrueImage 8 build 771 for creating images to DVD-RAM (Panasonic LF-D321 with UDFS diriver meiudf.sys version 3.0.9.0. The same driver as for LG Drives). This is on WindowsXP SP2.

The DVD-RAM media were formated as UFS 1.50 with a capacity of 4.26 GByte.

The media are accessible via explorer as drive F: for read write from all applications (Explorer, cmd, MS-Office etc.) with no problems.

TrueImage does not show the drive letter in the image create wizard for some reason. Anyway giving the drive letter in the file name input field (eg. f:\test.tib) shows the correct size of the DVD-RAM media and starts doing the image. The count of media is correctly reported as 2 media.

The problem is that TrueImage does not seem to recognize that the drive is a removable media and simple pops up a drive full error when there is no space left on the media. I then can change the media to an empty one and let TrueImage continue with the image creation by pressing the retry button.

The resulting image (split on two media) is, so says TrueImage, corrupted and unusable.

I then tested InCD 4.3.0.5 from Ahead at http://www.ahead.de with the same result.

Has anyone managed writing images to DVD-RAM media successfully with the current TrueImage Version?

Please Help!

Best Regards.

2. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

TI can be fooled about when the media is full if you have the split size set to "Automatic". Try setting the split size yourself to 4000 Meg.

3. level420

level420 Guest

Well I tried this and the result was that on the first media I had two image files. The first with 4000 Meg and the second with ~260 Meg. While TrueImage wrote the second file the media got full and I got the message with the write error.

Thank you anyway for your reply.

4. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

I figured that'd be the case. It would appear that the "spanning" feature of ATI is disabled when a device isn't recognized as removable. (Which is pretty logical, if you ask me)

I wonder how ATI makes that determination, though? In the past, when I want to see "inside" of what a program is doing (whether it's malfunctioning or whatnot), I've used a program called regmon. If ATI is making this determination via some registry value, then maybe you could figure out some way to trick it? This process is not for the faint of heart, though! :) It's kind of a last resort thing.

5. level420

level420 Guest

Here are good news!

I did another image to DVD-RAM media and this time TrueImage created a working image. As before TrueImage displayed the disc full error when the media was full and I continued with the next empty media by pressing retry in the error dialog box.

After this I verified the image by inserting the "last" media written and using "Tools->Check Image". At this time the file selector "is aware" of the DVD-RAM drive and I was able to select the last part of the image.

So what now remains to be solved is the problem that TrueImage does not recognize the DVD-RAM drive as changable media drive.

Is there anyone from Acronis listening here? Some hints?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.