trueimage 8.0 build 937

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Shankle, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shankle

Shankle Registered Member

I've been running TI on a Dell with Windows 98 2nd ED for several years.
    I had 2 partitions on the system. Yesterday I revised the system down
    to one partition. I uninstalled TI and reinstalled it. I then tried to do a full backup of the hard drive and this is what I got. Needless to say I am now
    without a backup and I am panicking.

Image Creation has completed with errors. This is what appeared on
    the log:
    Error 1,004(0x103ec) can not find partition with path\local\hd_partsn[1d741add]
    warning 100(0x10064) failed to process script c:\windows\application data\acronis\trueimage\scripts\b61ed480-d986-11da-af5e-000d7215055a.tmp.tib.tis
    error 5(0x640005) image creation has failed

I also ran chkdsk and the hard disk was fine.

I don't know if any of the following is pertinent but here it is:
    I have 2 hard drives. I am only trying to backup the primary drive.
    I am using a program called System Commander(V-Comm) which controls which drive or Operating system I wish to access. I started the primary drive at 10M and used the rest of the drive for the partition. 40G drive.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

It looks as though TI is trying to run an old script for a backup which points to the partition that you deleted.

Check in TrueImage and delete any scheduled backups and recreate them pointing at existing drive locations. Alternatively, go to the location shown above and rename the .tis file to .junk.

Repeat the backup and check if there are any error messages.

3. Shankle

Thanks for the help. I NOW have a backup.
    Here is what I think happened.
    As stated above I have two hard disks. About a month ago I cloned the primary disk to the slave disk. In the last few days I revised the entire system to one partition and tried to to another backup. I do not do scheduled backups and I could not find the ".tis" file. So here is what I did. I formatted the slave disk and uninstalled TI 8.0 and reinstalled it. Ran it and everything worked fine.
    From that I deduct that with TI 8.0 you can not have a clone version of the primary hard drive and try also to make another to CDs. I was going to keep two versions of a backup.

4. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

It may help if you do all your Image backups and Cloning with the bootable TI Rescue cd instead of trying to run it from within windows. Also if you did in fact make a Clone (not an Image backup) of the Primary to the Slave drive, it is recommended that you remove or disconnect the cloned drive before rebooting after the clone is made.

5. Shankle

Thanks Chutsman for your reply.
    I understand the need to disconect the slave drive before rebooting.
    It makes sense.
    Please explain a little more or tell me where I can find more in the documentation about not running TI while in Windows and how to run
    TI from the rescue disks to Create a new image. My understanding was
    the rescue disks were only to be used to recover from a disk failure.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Shankle,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delay with the response.

First of all, please be aware that there is no relation between the disk imaging and disk cloning procedures. You should be able to create an image of your hard drive independently of whether you have previously cloned it or not.

However, if the same issue is experienced in the future then please provide us with the following iinformation:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- Make a screen shot or provide the exact text of the error message that you receive;

- Let us know when exactly you receive this error message;

- Describe the way you create an image in detail.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

As for using Bootable Rescue CD, please note that when your computer is booted from Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD you get interface very similar to that accessible from under Windows. It allows you to create, restore and verify images. You can clone hard drives using Bootable Rescue CD as well. I'm afraid that the usage of Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media is not documented separately in Acronis True Image 8.0 User's Guide as in fact it is the same as when the program is running from under Windows.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

7. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

A clarification in one of my previous posts: After making a clone, to check that the clone will boot, you must disconnect or remove the original before attempting to boot with the clone.

About the TI Rescue disk: It is a bootable cd with all the TI features. I prefer this method to do my Image backups because there would be no programs running in the background as you would have when Windows runs ... anything to not give TI a reason to hiccup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.