TrueImage 2009 - Can't add any scheduled backups

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fong, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fong

fong Registered Member

I just upgraded to TrueImage 2009 from TrueImage 11.
    In TrueImage 2009, I can't seem to add any scheduled backups.
    I can go through all the steps to create a scheduled backup without any errors, but no schedules would should up in the Scheduled tasks tab.
    I have uninstall and reinstall TrueImage2009 several time!

Any help would be appreciated!

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Have you tried making schedules, and then either clicking into a different option with TI (one that requires a screen redraw) and then back onto the schedules tab or close TI and re-open?

I had a couple of occasions where 2009 didn't update it's database on screen immediately, but the above forced it to.

Colin

3. fong

fong Registered Member

Just tried going to different options in TI and it still doesn't show any schedules in the Scheduled tasks tab.

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

One thing you might try is uninstalling, running the cleanup tool and then reinstalling 12 without 11 being installed first. There is a known issue where the Task manager gets wonky if task from ATI11 are present -- so maybe something in the 11 install if goofing up 12. If that doens't work, then it's probably just a bug in 12 and you should contact Tech support.

5. fong

fong Registered Member

I have tried to run the Acronis Cleanup Tool to clean up all previous TI installations. However, the clean up tool will cause my windows XP to not boot and luckily I was able to select the Last Known Good Configuration and my windows will boot. This has happened on 2 computers I tried to run the clean up tools on. I contacted Acronis for support through email and it's been 5 days with no response!

6. ronatola

ronatola Registered Member

I have the exact same issue on 2 systems (XP and Vista).
    I have created 2 scheduled tasks and they do not run. Even in the calendar, they do not show up as blue blocks. The green and red blocks show up OK tho.

btw I updated to the latest release of 9615

7. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Some definite bugginess in ATI12/2009 with the Task editor; I've reported some variation on this prob.

We'll see if they issue a working unit before ATI13 comes around. Meanwhile, it's ATI12/2009 is not ready for general release -- it's still essentially beta even though ACronis is selling it as if it's ready for public release.

8. swiddle1

swiddle1 Registered Member

Same/similar issue for me. I uninstalled v8 of Acronis True Image, rebooted, installed 2009, rebooted, and tried to create a daily task. It didn't show up in the scheduler, so I created a second one (no show), then a third one (again no show), which I set to run immediately. After the third one ran, still none would show up in the scheduler. All three were scheduled to run at 11pm. This morning I found that the fist task had actually ran, but it showed an error. I canceled it, and the second task started running, which I also canceled, and guess what, the third one ran, and I canceled it too. After poking different dates on the calendar, clicking "today", "show all scheduled task", and other random things, the schedules briefly showed up (with the dates colored blue). I deleted the first, but the schedules (and the blue) all disappeared and I could never get them back.

A little later I went into the Windows Task Manager and noticed that TrueImage.exe was at 50% CPU utilization (dual core processor) and observed this memory usage pattern: start under 100,000KB (sometimes as low as 30,000), climb (over a period of about one minute) to over 500,000KB, quickly fall back to under 100,000. This cycle repeats endlessly. It creates a nice saw-tooth pattern in the page file usage history graph (something like: /|/|/|/|/|/|/|). When I close True Image the process stays running until it hits the next memory peak, then it terminates.

I uninstalled 2009, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, and tried to create a new daily task. Towards the end of the setup process before I submitted it, I noticed the memory problem kick back in. Again the task didn't appear, but the three old tasks (the ones I had created before reinstalling) now showed up as unscheduled tasks. I deleted them and their logs.

Any ideas? Memory leak related to scheduling or displaying the schedules? Problem caused by having the old version?

9. ronatola

ronatola Registered Member

10. swiddle1

swiddle1 Registered Member

This did not fix my problem of the scheduled tasks not showing up, but the memory leak seems to have disappeared. TrueImage.exe now stays under 65,000KB or so.

Anyone still having this problem?

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello swiddle1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (9615) of Acronis True Image Home 2009. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the issue persists, please collect the information as described in the Acronis KB article pointed to in the post #9.

Please also create a screenshot of the scheduled tasks screen of Acronis True Image.

Then submit a request for technical support or use our Live Chat service. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.