Trueimage 11 won't run on Panasonic Notebook (WinXP)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Sasami, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sasami

Sasami Registered Member

I received my Panasonic CF-Y7 Core2Duo WinXP Pro Sp2 notebook.
    I bought and installed Acronis Truimage and made a backup of my
    Windows XP partition onto 2 DVD-Rs. Now when I try to boot the DVD-R
    it gives me the Acronis menu but running Truimage causes the screen to go
    black and henceforth nothing happens at all.

I am able to run Disk Director 10 this way but only in Safe mode. In full mode it gives me a No HDD decected error and quits.

I also see that Acronis has put a One Click Restore option in the bootmenu
    of the backup DVD-R. Will this work if my XP dies?

Info and help would be appreciated. :)
    Thanks!

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Let's simplify the situation.

In TI, create a bootable rescue media CD.

Boot from the TI Recovery CD and see if you can see all your hard drives.

If the drive with the backup image (.tib file) is visible, validate that image while booted from the Recovery CD.

Let us know your results.

3. Sasami

Sasami Registered Member

Thanks for your reply.

I did both the first time around. I did a partition backup of my WinXP
    partition (I have a 20GB WinXP partition, and 60GB Data partition),
    and made TI put the files on the backup DVD-R. When I boot the backup DVD-R or the Recovery DVD-R (I made both) I can only get Disk Director
    to run (and see my HDD with its partitions correctly) using SAFE MODE.
    In FULL MODE Disk Director loads, then tells me I have no HDDs and then
    quits and reboots the PC.
    TI does not run at all of the backup media.

In this thread
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317
    I see them mention:
    quiet acpi=off noapic
    I tried this option too, and TI still does not boot.
    I tried to remove the word "quiet" from the command line,
    and I get no happiness either.

The backup image (.tib file) file is there and has no errors but I can only validate it using
    TI while in Windows XP and not in Linux (that's what the boot OS is ne?).

I also contacted Acronis support on their main site but still no reply.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

OK, it's quite clear that your hardware is NOT supported in the TI Linux environment of the Recovery CD. Therefore, you will not be able to restore the boot partition unless you have an alternative boot CD.

Unless Tech Support provides a boot disk for your hardware, all I can suggest is that you create a BartPE boot disk with the TI plugin and test that. Check the Stickies at the top of the forum for leads on creating a BartPE disk.

5. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

If the safe mode version of DD10 works on your hardware then the safe mode version of TI 11 should also. You could download it from your account on the TI web site and try it. You won't have network support and maybe not USB, but it should be fine for restoring from DVD to the internal disk.

6. Sasami

Sasami Registered Member

Hopefully Acronis will support Panasonic Notebooks, they're the most popular business notebooks
    in Japan and that is one market a tech co should not ignore.

I'll try that. It's just a pity that Acronis support has still not replied, considering I purchased DD a month ago and now the DD10 and TI11 package 3 days back, for $80 I get no happiness.

I guess I could have Visa reverse the charges if I get no happiness at the end and go to Norton Ghost or something.

Thanks everyone.

7. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Tech Support can probably find you an iso to burn a boot CD that will work. You'll have to gather info and sen the Tech Support and it's trial and error after that. You might hit gold on firt try or seventh, etc.

Or you can skip Linux and it's drivers since you know the windows drivers work -- you can build a VistaPE disk (you don'thave to own Vista) or BartPE if you prefer XP -- either will work to restore onto XP and Vista systems.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Sasami,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

As jmk94903 told Acronis Bootable Rescue Media Full version uses Linux environments and Linux devices drivers consequently. So the reason of why you've got black screen is that some of the devices are not detected correctly under Linux.

When you run the Safe version of the Bootable Media (no mater whether it is Acronis Disk Director Suite or Acronis True Image) it does not use Linux and operates with the devices directly through BIOS (Basic Input/Output System). So you can follow k0lo's suggestion and use Acronis True Image 11 Home Safe Media plug-in for restoring purposes. For this you will need to download Safe Media plug-in from your Home Page at Acronis web-site (in the Registered Products section) and install it. After that please recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media and you will see Acronis True Image Safe version option when you boot from the created CD. Another workaround is to follow jmk94903's advice and use BartPE plug-in.

Sasami, could you also tell me the number of your case in Acronis Customer Support Department? I'll check how the issue is investigated. Mentioned number can be found in autoreply you've received after submitting request to Acronis Customer Support Department.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.